CCW renewal

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bradalucas

CCW renewal

Post by bradalucas »

If my permit it beyond 6 months expired do I need to retake courses or anything additional?
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: CCW renewal

Post by WhyNot »

By permit you mean you have had a valid Ohio CHL? Others will provide the proper ORC but the short answer is no

That said, don't tarry any loner, get er done :)
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: CCW renewal

Post by JustaShooter »

WhyNot is correct. You can renew a license at any time after it expires without additional training, fees, etc. It is simply a renewal just as if you did it on the day before it expired.

If a sheriff's office tries to tell you otherwise, point them to ORC 2923.125 (F)(1)
(a) Except as provided in division (F)(1)(b) of this section, a licensee who wishes to renew a concealed handgun license issued under this section may do so at any time before the expiration date of the license or at any time after the expiration date of the license by filing with the sheriff of the county in which the applicant resides or with the sheriff of an adjacent county...
(Emphasis mine)
http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.125" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also as WhyNot says, get 'er done!
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!