Notify

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Re: Notify

Post by M-Quigley »

willbird wrote:
M-Quigley wrote:It amazes me that as of 2018 Ohio is even more restrictive on this particular issue for concealed carry license holders than anti gun states like New York, Maryland, or even New Jersey. :roll:
The OSHP was used by a former Governor to damage any CCW legislation that was passed. The Ohio pro CCW and RKBA orgs have done a fine job amending the original law into something that has gotten better every year. Sadly that is how things get done in Ohio.

The pro weed folks were too high and or stupid to recognize that and pass the ballot initiative that was on the table.

The very first Ohio CCW law really stunk for us CCW holders, but something got passed and people set up classes and people got CCW...and it got better.

Bill
I understand all that, I was in Ohio prior to the licensed CC and what the law was when it was enacted. I'm not blaming any pro CCW organizations to initially get something passed and try to modify it later, and I know the statehouse moves at glacier like speed sometimes. The truth however is still the truth, regardless of how or why it exists. At least it is better than one state where notification requirements allegedly change depending on what county you're in. :roll:
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

It seems almost every state has strange quirks. Notification is one of ours and, while not the only one, it is not as bad as some in other states. In South Carolina, you cannot enter a private residence without notifying the owner and getting permission. I'll live with ours rather than go to that. But, we do need to keep working on getting rid of notification, at least as it now stands, and work on the CPZ's as well.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by willbird »

M-Quigley wrote:
willbird wrote:
M-Quigley wrote:It amazes me that as of 2018 Ohio is even more restrictive on this particular issue for concealed carry license holders than anti gun states like New York, Maryland, or even New Jersey. :roll:
The OSHP was used by a former Governor to damage any CCW legislation that was passed. The Ohio pro CCW and RKBA orgs have done a fine job amending the original law into something that has gotten better every year. Sadly that is how things get done in Ohio.

The pro weed folks were too high and or stupid to recognize that and pass the ballot initiative that was on the table.

The very first Ohio CCW law really stunk for us CCW holders, but something got passed and people set up classes and people got CCW...and it got better.

Bill
I understand all that, I was in Ohio prior to the licensed CC and what the law was when it was enacted. I'm not blaming any pro CCW organizations to initially get something passed and try to modify it later, and I know the statehouse moves at glacier like speed sometimes. The truth however is still the truth, regardless of how or why it exists. At least it is better than one state where notification requirements allegedly change depending on what county you're in. :roll:
That one will be a tough one to get fixed probably (Notification) . I would not take any comment as "blame"....we got something passed and over time and with a lot of hard work got it amended into something decent :-).

Bill
Have a great day today unless you have made other plans :-).