Suddenly, a Gunbuster sign

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Suddenly, a Gunbuster sign

Post by evan price »

I recently had an emergency that required me to buy a new flatbed trailer without warning.
I found one on Facebook marketplace nearby in Columbus for a great price. Went by and found it was not a private individual but a used car dealer. The guy I'd talked to on chat was a salesman.
So we looked over the trailer and he took me in the back door to get keys to move some cars. We talked and made the offers and counter offers typical of dealing and wheeling.
At last with that settled it was in to the manager to sign papers and pay.
We went in the front doors and there it was, a huge at least 11x24 Gunbuster sign in the front door.
Stopped. Told the guy I couldn't come in. I have to stop by my truck.
He saw me looking at the sign and said don't worry about that, the boss put them up because in this neighborhood you get the wrong people sometime.

What do you do?
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Suddenly, a Gunbuster sign

Post by JustaShooter »

If he's worried about the wrong element, he's doing it wrong (as I'm sure you know). Educate the owner and ask him to take it down, or swap it for one of the "legal carry welcome here" signs instead. Either way, I don't knowingly carry past one of those signs, nor do I disarm to go past them so I can give them money.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I've gotten two hardware stores to take their signs down, in the last few months. It's about talking sensibly, but with the organ grinder him/herself, not the monkeys.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
JEaton

Post by JEaton »

Same thing when I bought my last car. I visited the lot twice, test drove and was ready to buy when I saw the signs on the door as we started in.

They even said if I didn't want to ignore signs that they would bring a desk outside to do all the paperwork. Left them a no-guns/no-money card and found another dealer.

JLE
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by willbird »

I have heard from more than one business owner that thought the sign did not apply to CHL holders.

Bill
Have a great day today unless you have made other plans :-).
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

willbird wrote:I have heard from more than one business owner that thought the sign did not apply to CHL holders.

Bill
Yep, that is true even now, fifteen years after the original law passed, and the various "fixes" in each two year legislative cycle since.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

If I made a hard and fast decision to do business with this guy because I was in a jam, I would leave the gun on.
I would tell the manager the only reason I was there was because I was in a jam, and if a crackhead comes through that door right now, I have a much better chance of surviving the encounter unscathed than he does.
If I haven't been thrown out yet, I would tell him about advertising the store's vulnerability like that attracts, not repels, criminals
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
westsidebestside

Post by westsidebestside »

I walk in the door, conduct my business, and leave with my trailer.
AzRanger
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by AzRanger »

evan price wrote:I recently had an emergency that required me to buy a new flatbed trailer without warning.
I found one on Facebook marketplace nearby in Columbus for a great price. Went by and found it was not a private individual but a used car dealer. The guy I'd talked to on chat was a salesman.
So we looked over the trailer and he took me in the back door to get keys to move some cars. We talked and made the offers and counter offers typical of dealing and wheeling.
At last with that settled it was in to the manager to sign papers and pay.
We went in the front doors and there it was, a huge at least 11x24 Gunbuster sign in the front door.
Stopped. Told the guy I couldn't come in. I have to stop by my truck.
He saw me looking at the sign and said don't worry about that, the boss put them up because in this neighborhood you get the wrong people sometime.

What do you do?
I tell him. sorry I cannot spend a penny here with that No Gun Sign. I would give him a OFCC NO GUN =NO MONEY card and tell him have a nice day! 8)
God made man, Colt made them equal