Legal to carry on boats in other states.

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

djom1cincy

Legal to carry on boats in other states.

Post by djom1cincy »

Do all states allow CCW on boats as long as they honor Ohio’s chl? The reason I ask is a guy at work said it’s illegal to carry on a boat in Kentucky and Tennessee. I’ll be new to boating this year and want to stay legal. I’m sure I’ll end up in Kentucky waters at some point.
Daniel
U.S.M.C. 96-00
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Legal to carry on boats in other states.

Post by WY_Not »

Might want to dig into it a bit more.

We go down to Cumberland Lake with my parents a few times a year. No firearms on the water but it is because of Corp of Engineer rules. Not sure if KY has such rules or not.
djom1cincy wrote:Do all states allow CCW on boats as long as they honor Ohio’s chl? The reason I ask is a guy at work said it’s illegal to carry on a boat in Kentucky and Tennessee. I’ll be new to boating this year and want to stay legal. I’m sure I’ll end up in Kentucky waters at some point.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Brian D.

Re: Legal to carry on boats in other states.

Post by Brian D. »

I don't believe Kentucky has any such prohibitions in their Revised statutes. It's the stupid Army Corps of Engineers. They don't control the entire lake where they have a dam, but don't try to get them to admit it. Congress and the POTUS should fix this, even if it's stuck in some unrelated bill. That's actually how we got National Park carry, crammed into a Credit card Reform bill during Obama's time.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.