ND resulting in injury - looking for Atty Ashtabula County

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

ND resulting in injury - looking for Atty Ashtabula County

Post by Bruenor »

Have a guy that has his ccw that had a ND and shot his sister, for which she ended up having surgery, etc. She's coming home from hospital today. I don't know what all the charges were but apparently they hit him with everything they could. He is an acquaintance of my wife, and she asked if there was any way to get him help.

I searched the OFCC attorney directory for Ashtabula but nothing came back. Does anyone know an attorney well versed in the firearms laws that works the Ashtabula area that I could put this guy in touch with ? would at least like give him a chance to speak with an attorney other than the public defender before he has to go to court, although the Public defender is probably what he is going to end up with. This is a young guy who's been actively working on getting his life on track, can provide more details offline.

I've talked with The Ashtabula City Solicitor in the past, Michael Franklin, Esq. Really nice guy, and pro CCW, not that that will help in this instance. I'm also not sure if this incident was in the city limits.

Thanks for your consideration.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Bruenor

Re: ND resulting in injury - looking for Atty Ashtabula Coun

Post by Bruenor »

ahh I see the attorney search ignores the Counties Served field.. have to page through all the listings manually.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: ND resulting in injury - looking for Atty Ashtabula Coun

Post by schmieg »

Bruenor wrote:Have a guy that has his ccw that had a ND and shot his sister, for which she ended up having surgery, etc. She's coming home from hospital today. I don't know what all the charges were but apparently they hit him with everything they could. He is an acquaintance of my wife, and she asked if there was any way to get him help.

I searched the OFCC attorney directory for Ashtabula but nothing came back. Does anyone know an attorney well versed in the firearms laws that works the Ashtabula area that I could put this guy in touch with ? would at least like give him a chance to speak with an attorney other than the public defender before he has to go to court, although the Public defender is probably what he is going to end up with. This is a young guy who's been actively working on getting his life on track, can provide more details offline.

I've talked with The Ashtabula City Solicitor in the past, Michael Franklin, Esq. Really nice guy, and pro CCW, not that that will help in this instance. I'm also not sure if this incident was in the city limits.

Thanks for your consideration.
If they are hitting him with felony charges, the city solicitor probably wouldn't be handling the case anyway and the municipal (or county) court would just be the site of the preliminary hearing. It would then move to the Common Pleas Court.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand