Ohio Veterans Home

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Fiveshot

Ohio Veterans Home

Post by Fiveshot »

I am going to visit someone living at the Ohio Veterans Home in Sandusky. I would like to bring my gun along for the ride. Is it legal for me to keep it locked in my vehicle during the visit?
AlanM

Re: Ohio Veterans Home

Post by AlanM »

Who's going to know?
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
John 447

Post by John 447 »

I've never been there, but I would expect to see some unfriendly signs at the gate much like at any VA facility. Plan on parking off premises.
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rickt »

Looks like it is a state facility.

http://dvs.ohio.gov/main/ovh-sandusky-home.html

Excluding correctional facilities, state and local government parking lots are legal.
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

RIckt is correct. The Ohio Veteran's Home is not a DVA facility, it is run by the state of Ohio. They may have gunbuster signs on the door (I can't say whether they do or do not), but there is no reason why you cannot lock it in your vehicle.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
troy bilt
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by troy bilt »

I had them remove the signs some years ago. If there is an issue now I can help with an email trace of the conversation leading up to the removal of the old signs. I learned how to deal with this problem from My wife said yes and it worked out just as I thought it would.

If there is any new signs posted or any problems please PM me and I will do my best to help out.
I have struggled with dyslexia my entire life. I know it's spelled wrong but thanks for pointing it out.