SB 199 issue at work

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: SB 199 issue at work

Post by JustaShooter »

38smith wrote:Our union and company tried to come to a decision about the new law and I guess they are above Ohio law. They say since it is Company wide that no firearms are permitted then it also applies to our parking lot. It's their property so they can decide not to allow it. I always thought state law was to be followed.
They are required to follow Ohio law in Ohio, regardless of their company policy.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

JustaShooter wrote:
38smith wrote:Our union and company tried to come to a decision about the new law and I guess they are above Ohio law. They say since it is Company wide that no firearms are permitted then it also applies to our parking lot. It's their property so they can decide not to allow it. I always thought state law was to be followed.
They are required to follow Ohio law in Ohio, regardless of their company policy.
Which pretty much means that they have to come up with a different reason to fire you when they find you have a gun in the car.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

schmieg wrote:
JustaShooter wrote:
Which pretty much means that they have to come up with a different reason to fire you when they find you have a gun in the car.
Exactly this. And while they are at it, make you disclose you are storing the gun in your car, provide a copy of your DL and CHL, fill out a form with make, model and SN of the firearm... Since the law doesn't prohibit them from doing that. Sigh.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

JustaShooter wrote:Exactly this. And while they are at it, make you disclose you are storing the gun in your car, provide a copy of your DL and CHL, fill out a form with make, model and SN of the firearm... Since the law doesn't prohibit them from doing that. Sigh.
Yet.
MyWifeSaidYes