"Class 3 Concealed Carry Permit"

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

"Class 3 Concealed Carry Permit"

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Okay, folks. I had to spend some time around a blowhard today when the topic of firearms was brought up.

The fellow eventually mentions that he has a "Class 3 Concealed Carry Permit", that he got it while he was in the service, that it costs him $480 a year to keep and that it, of course, overrides state laws about where he can and cannot carry.

Sounds cool, but I understand that this is pure bunk.

My question is, does anyone know where a story like this might have started?

The reason I ask is because I have heard this same story from a different person, in a different city many, many years ago.

:?

So, IS there some validity to his story?
MyWifeSaidYes
hank.forker

Re: "Class 3 Concealed Carry Permit"

Post by hank.forker »

Nope. Probably just a self perpetuating lie like firearms being "registered" in someones name. Habitual liars often add esoteric details to sound more believable. I like to call people like that out. Ask for proof, they won't have it.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

If someone had said something like that to me I would've casually said, "Gee, that's great! Can I see this permit? I've never seen one before."
JimE
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by JimE »

Continuation of the old "get of jail" card.
Does anyone remember the replica CIA/SOG cards from the Vietnam era ?
In the late 70's/ early 80's there were some pretenders using those cards to bs folks about their ability to carry arms.
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

I had a fellow tell me he was a retired deputy sheriff who has a special id card that allowed him to carry anywhere including in the presence of the President of the United States. He said he could tote a gun in the White House and the secret service couldn't stop him.
He said a lot of stuff.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Okay, folks. I had to spend some time around a blowhard today when the topic of firearms was brought up.

The fellow eventually mentions that he has a "Class 3 Concealed Carry Permit", that he got it while he was in the service, that it costs him $480 a year to keep and that it, of course, overrides state laws about where he can and cannot carry.
Did you ask to see this permit?
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
gfrlaser

Post by gfrlaser »

Cross him off of your Christmas list.
"The sins of the evil do not justify restricting the rights of the good"
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

M-Quigley wrote:If someone had said something like that to me I would've casually said, "Gee, that's great! Can I see this permit? I've never seen one before."
This right here.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

JustaShooter wrote:
M-Quigley wrote:If someone had said something like that to me I would've casually said, "Gee, that's great! Can I see this permit? I've never seen one before."
This right here.
I'm not that tactful.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

Greenleaf4902

Post by Greenleaf4902 »

I operate a blacksmith shop in the public sector for a National Historical Landmark and get ALL sorts of folks with ALL sorts of ideas about blacksmithing. Some are real whiz-bangers too. I hear hear wild stories about the craft and how this or that fellow performs this or that. Too bad I don't think well on my feet. I always think of a question long after they have gone. DANG it!!

A friend of mine just informed me that he knows so-and-so and this so-and-so goes about telling everyone that he is armed. Even seeks out police officers to inform them that "he too is armed"

I guess a CC license doesn't curb one's humility issues
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

pirateguy191 wrote:
JustaShooter wrote:
This right here.
I'm not that tactful.
^^^^ That's part of your charm though.
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

^^^^ only a small part though. There's a heckuva lot more charm where that comes from. :twisted:

MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

pirateguy191 wrote:Did you ask to see this permit?
As he was a friend of a potential employer, who also happened to be there, I quickly adopted Tweed's Rule.

On a positive note, the potential employer did later say that his friend was full of excrement.
MyWifeSaidYes
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

Maybe he meant that he had to take three classes before he could qualify. :wink:
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

"Polite hostility".