Newby here - obtaining CCW with misdemeanor question

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

skarfer

Newby here - obtaining CCW with misdemeanor question

Post by skarfer »

Hi all!

So will a misdemeanor assault charge from FIFTEEN years ago disqualify me from getting my CCW? From everything I've read, it won't......which is you can't have anything pending or a conviction in the past 3 years - but I'm wanting to make absolute sure before I go to my appointment and submit my application.

I am allowed to get it expunged - and really kick myself in the rear for not doing it all those years ago. it's come around to bite me a few times already.........ugh.

Thanks for the help!
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Newby here - obtaining CCW with misdemeanor question

Post by Werz »

A single, fifteen-year-old, M1 Assault conviction should not be a problem, as long as the victim was not a peace officer.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.