open carry letter

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

BB62

Post by BB62 »

williampelish wrote:I open carry at the gas pumps. To and from my car. Out in the Yard. Just to name a few.

Will
William,

I hate to say it, because I support open carry, but Brian Horton is correct as best as I can tell - open carry in Toledo has negative ramifications for the carrier. Your carrying at gas pumps, to and from your car, and in your yard (front or back?) is hardly a test, IMHO.

If you had said that you repeatedly open carried on busy streets for some distance or in reasonably busy places of business that would certainly be exposing oneself to police scrutiny. As it stands, I believe that any reasonable person would agree that the duration and places where you open carry hardly qualify as real "open carry".

I share your desire to have open carry accepted, however... As one who was stopped, at gunpoint, by three police officers while open carrying on a major street, I think I pretty well know what gets noticed and what is considered by the public as "he must be a cop".

Edited - Inappropriate comment. - Cable

BB62
Daniel
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Messages deleted

Post by Daniel »

Flame wars and personal attacks are not permitted here. I have deleted all posts in this thread that contained such material. As far as I'm concerned, all parties involved were equally at fault.

Except petrofergov; his post was removed because it would make no sense without the others.
Daniel White
NRA Training Counselor
Northcoast Firearms Training

We must carry arms because we value our lives and those of our loved ones, because we will not be dealt with by force or threat of force, and do not live at the pleasure and discretion of the lawless. - Jeff Snyder