D.Cam: Canton PD Notification Arrest & Officer Goes Berserk

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: D.Cam: Canton PD Notification Arrest & Officer Goes Bers

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

They continue to persue this knowing the failure to inform is going to loose and the other charge is so they might have a chance of finding him guilty of something....a moving violation that is on par with a loud radio..

If they win the moving violation they will call it all a win. Its how flawed retro logic based they are.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

No mistake here, they are financially punishing him for fighting this and exposing the corrupt egomaniac cop in their employ.. That is all and that is clear.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Life Member NRA
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

I have a question for the lawyers here. Can his lawyer bring up that the prosecutor offered to drop the charges in exchange for signing an agreement not to sue?
Life Member NRA
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

pleasantguywhopacks wrote:I have a question for the lawyers here. Can his lawyer bring up that the prosecutor offered to drop the charges in exchange for signing an agreement not to sue?
No, not unless he can show prosecutorial misconduct and tie that into it.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

schmieg wrote:
pleasantguywhopacks wrote:I have a question for the lawyers here. Can his lawyer bring up that the prosecutor offered to drop the charges in exchange for signing an agreement not to sue?
No, not unless he can show prosecutorial misconduct and tie that into it.
I guess extortion isn't "prosecutorial misconduct".

When somebody tells a rape victim, "Don't sue my cousin who raped you and I won't kill you.", people tend to see that as a crime.

When the prosecutor tells the victim of a false arrest and terroristic threats, "Don't sue the cop who falsely arrested you and I won't falsely prosecute you.", somehow that's just "representing the people of Canton"...
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by jgarvas »

I thought you'd all find this interesting. In a recent ruling on the motions to dismiss and suppress evidence the judge wrote the following:

"As noted by defense counsel at the evidentiary hearing, the video evidence contradicts the allegations of the complaint that Mr. Bartlett's weapon was not discovered until a pat down of his person was conducted. The video shows that Mr. Bartlett notified Officer Harless of the presence of the weapon before the pat down took place. This raises the issue of whether the officer had probable cause to make the arrest, an issue which is premature for this court to address"

I question how the prosecutor can proceed with such a case and keep a straight face.

If you live in the area, please join us as the trial has been scheduled to begin November 9th, 2011. I am locking this thread and moving the discussion to THAT thread over here:

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=56449" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.