Cleveland Plain Dealer Does it Again

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Scott

Post by Scott »

Michael Courtney wrote:It's an interesting example of incompetence that the Plain Dealer can't even get an accurate list of names published. Makes one wonder how incompetent they are in other areas where the facts are more complex than a list of names.

Michael Courtney
I don't wonder. You could write a book with all of the inaccuracies, half truths and outright lies that pass for news in the so-called "mainstream media". Oh wait! Somebody already did!
Blip!
garyv311

Post by garyv311 »

I agree.
~ The Golgothan
Scott

Post by Scott »

garyv311 wrote:I agree.
Didn't mean to tease anybody--the title of the book and the author escapes me right now.
Blip!
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

garyv311 wrote:HaHa They didnt list me. I got mine April 20 2005
You didn't by any chance get you CHL in an ajoining County that they haven't listed?
garyv311

Post by garyv311 »

Cruiser wrote:
garyv311 wrote:HaHa They didnt list me. I got mine April 20 2005
You didn't by any chance get you CHL in an ajoining County that they haven't listed?
Nope. Cuyahoga.
~ The Golgothan
JimE
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by JimE »

What I don't understand, is where is it spelled out that the media has the authority to dessimate information to the general public, when the public is not entitled to that information?
Just because the media is permitted to see the info, I saw no reference in HB12 that they had any authority to release it.
Brian_Horton

Post by Brian_Horton »

DING! DING! DING! DING!

I thnk think JimE is on to something here! :lol:

You are correct, when this law was passed the legislators made it clear that the media access was not so that the media could publish lists. It was for them to provide a check for the government to make sure the wrong people were not getting licnses. Of course certain media sources have published lists. One paper even published the home addresses of license holders. This was a criminal violation. The sheriff isn't even supposed to keep this information after the application has been approved, much less pass it along to the media.
When the goin' gets tough, the tough go cyclic.

Happiness is a crew served weapon.
lfrost2125

Cleveland Plain Dealer Does it Again

Post by lfrost2125 »

Well, Since these papers are printing stuff that they shouldn't be would that put them in legal trouble if someone that got their information posted decided to press charges???
"Let me not mourn for men who have died fighting, but rather let me be glad that such heros have lived" ----- General George S. Patton Jr.
Brian_Horton

Post by Brian_Horton »

There was a DA from the neighboring county that was appointed to do an "independent investigation" of what happened. The law specifically states that it is a misdemeanor for each of the personal addresses given out. After several months with no word of what was happening with the "investigation", the prosecutor out of the blue says that no crime or any ethics rule as been violated, even though there is clearly evidence in the newspaper that there had been.

I sure hope I get that DA if I ever get pulled over and the police officer doesn't think my carry gun is in "plain" enough sight. I could expect equal treatment right? :roll:
When the goin' gets tough, the tough go cyclic.

Happiness is a crew served weapon.