OFCC

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

KAF

OFCC

Post by KAF »

Being new to the forum I would like to thank ALL involved with the OFCC for their work along with the NRA in getting the CCW passed in Ohio.

I made sure I took the course and got my Permit. Not to carry but to back their work.
It took 9 days total to get mine, I mean in hand in 9 days. But only three counties had to be checked.

We were told by our local sheriff about the laws concerning the Permit during our class, and he recomended not carrying untill the laws were more deifned especially in other counties and towns.

I not wanting to be a test case took his advice, but I am proud I can carry if I wanted to.

Oh FYI the dumicrats paid for my Classes. My local UAW union covered the costs, man did I love that!!!!! It was part of my education.
No I am NOT a registered dumicrat!!! The union hated that BTW.
Daniel
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Daniel »

Thanks for the kind words about OFCC.

I have to say, though, that your sheriff has no business telling you not to carry. While there are restrictions, if you know the rules, there is absolutely no problem with carrying your firearm for self protection. It sounds to me like your sheriff is an anti in the guise of a friend.

What county is this that we're talking about?
Daniel White
NRA Training Counselor
Northcoast Firearms Training

We must carry arms because we value our lives and those of our loved ones, because we will not be dealt with by force or threat of force, and do not live at the pleasure and discretion of the lawless. - Jeff Snyder
KAF

Post by KAF »

He didn't say we couldn't, but to be careful if we do and follow the laws to the letter if in other counties, towns etc.

The laws are a bit vauge sometimes is all.

He denouced many other county sheriffs for saying they would not even accept apps for CCW.

I am in the county with the least permits applied for and issued.

Paulding

Here we are used to seeing rifle etc in the windows of trucks, and mnost feel why do they need a permit for something they have done forever anyway.

Rural America is different.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Believe me I understand when you say "Rural Counties" are different! I've lived in Scioto all my life and most of the people around here have said "why get some kind of license, I've always carried anyways". All along the foothills of the Apps. firearms have always been an everyday thing. Hunting, shooting, competition. It's never been a big deal to see a rifle or shotgun in the window of a truck. Guess when you've been brought up with guns, trained with guns, and used guns during every season of the year..."it ain't no big thing". When OFCC done the survey of sheriffs offices all over the state I was assigned to Paulding county, it took several calls to make contact with the "right" person to give me the information I needed. The party I spoke with really didn't seem interested about giving the information out and answered almost like I was asking what time it was. There are many, many sheriff's in Ohio that truly support the concealed handgun issue and have proved it with their enthusiasm of how well they've handled issuance.
Rick J.