Concealed Carry While Riding a Motorcycle

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian_Horton

Post by Brian_Horton »

jeepzilla wrote:BTW, the effectiveness of confrontational tactics went out in the 70's. Lawmakers today find those demonstrations offensive and they have a negative impact on the lawmaker's thinking. Ask any of them.
I disagree. HB12 had majorly stalled in the Senate. We started open carry walks. Then just a few days after an open carry walk was done in then Senate President White's home town the CCW bill started moving again. I don't consider an open carry walk confrontational. It a public visual demonstration much like breast cancer walks, pro life marches, or anti doemestic violence candle light vigils. We never caused and disruption to local commerce, blocked traffic or sidewalks, or vandalized anything, unlike the liberal hippies back in the 60's. To my knowledge all of the open carry walks, including the one I organized in Cincinnati, were done with full cooperation and disclosure of information to the police prior to their taking place. There was absolutely no confrontation at all. They were to bring the spot light to the issue in a visual way and get the public, media (who love a good video clip or picture), and politicians engaged and talking about the issue.

I am glad that back on July 4th, 1776 there were some men in this country that were not afraid to use "confrontational" tactics when necessary and required.

BTW, I'm confused by your "cruising for a bruising" and "better follow the law" statements. According to the law we have to open carry on MC's or public buses since they are motor vehicles. No one can arrest you for open carry since you are following the letter of the law.
OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by OldManTod »

Hey Everybody,

Great forum, I love these types of forums...

I am hoping that they don't change the law for motorcyclists, I love strapping the XD40 on my hip and heading out for the haul...

Keep up the great posts, I have been waiting for a forum like this..

T
Brian_Horton

Post by Brian_Horton »

OldManTod, check your inbox. I just sent you an email.
When the goin' gets tough, the tough go cyclic.

Happiness is a crew served weapon.
aiformula

Post by aiformula »

Having been tagged for this already because of a hysterical soccer mom, I'd be willing to try to take a day off work and bring my Daytona and my HK to the statehouse.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

I'm going to be a very bad person......

What is more dangerous....a belligerant who is trying to kill you, or riding a motorcycle without a helmet? Or, just riding a motorcycle?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Ring

Post by Ring »

its nice to have a copy of this with you

Brian_Horton

Post by Brian_Horton »

Ring,

You don't open carry on a motorcycle under the Klein vs. Leis open carry rules. You must have a CHL to open carry on a bike or in any motor vehicle. That letter wouldn't do you any good without a CHL if you are in or on a motor vehicle.

Again, I don't think it would do as much good as you think outside of Hamilton County. LEO's in other cities and counties wouldn't give much credibilty to what the former Hamilton County Prosecutor thinks of the Klein vs. Leis decision. If for some reason the LEO thinks open carry is illegal you are going to be detained for a while at the least.
When the goin' gets tough, the tough go cyclic.

Happiness is a crew served weapon.
ragnarock47

Post by ragnarock47 »

I've been torn with which way to think about this issue.

I am kind of happy riding with my tactical leg holster.

Then the common sense takes over and the purpose of CC is to be concealed. For the most part that's easy enough in a 4 wheeler.

Not many people pay attention to their driving let alone me with a pistol strapped to my leg while on the roads. Here is the "but"; I was going to a friends house and was around W. 105 and Denison, in Cleveland, and when I had to stop, I was nervous. I always know to pay attention to my surroundings whether on the bike or off, but sitting at a light or any low speed situations on a MC while CCing, I was very concerned.

I most always leave an escape lane when possible when I am stopped, but there is no doubt if someone wanted to bum rush me, I am at a serious disadvantage on the bike. The tactical holster doesn't lend itself well to being easy to unsecure with riding gloves on. I've practiced, but it just doesn't work well; little retention clip and gloves.

It's been like 15 months since Ohio got CCW, and the silly laws as far as I know haven't even began to change.

Somewhat off/on topic rant:
Thank goodness Taft is on the way out, I wouldn't pee on his head if it was on fire.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

Sorry, gotta disagree -- the purpose of CC is to have a firearm. Open carry scares the grasseaters (how 'bout all those open carry walks?), so we settled for concealed carry -- that way the sheep don't have to think about it.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...grasseaters...that's funny.

I like it better than 'granola crunchers' and 'tree huggers'.

'Course it falls right into line with 'soccer mom' and 'politically correct."