Constitutional Carry Bill

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Re: Constitutional Carry Bill

Postby Mr. Glock » Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:48 am

AzRanger wrote:That's fine with me but there's still is a provision for private businesses to restrict firearms from their premises. While I don't agree with that it is THEIR right to do that.

In our current world, we restrict private businesses from curtailing the rights and also the desires of many and in many different ways. Restricting a civil, moral and Constitutional right like 2A may not be ok any longer for a private business under Bruen, and your position may also be based on old thinking in the times of collectivism. See cake decorating et al,

Kind of like the old quaint days when folks said Twitter is just a private company....oh wait, we know what happened there now. Biden 2020-4-8

Different world now.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Postby bignflnut » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:11 am

Yes,

Do I lose my bodily autonomy when i step onto your parking lot?
May I be detained without cause?
Why do I no longer possess the ability to defend myself with a firearm? What prevents you from harming my body, if the business owner get to set the rules? Are these not each violations of my inalienable Rights?

7. The traditional American philosophy requires a Republic's constitutionally limited form of government for the security of Man's unalienable rights against violation by The Majority, by government, as well as by others. This philosophy was well understood in America in 1776 but was imperfectly practiced by the States in the post-1776 period, during which rights were violated. This correct understanding was exemplified by the previously noted (Par. 8, Principle 2) town-meeting petition of Pittsfield, Massachusetts, addressed to the legislature of Massachusetts in May, 1776. It urged the adoption by the people--as "the fountain of power"--of a Constitution as their fundamental law, to fill the void created by the end of royal rule, as "the first step to be taken" by the people in order to guard against despotism--against "the wanton exercise of power"--and it asserted, that the only safeguard is "the formation of a fundamental constitution" by the people. Their aim was to safeguard their liberties. This was accomplished by the people of Massachusetts in 1780, by their creating the first true Constitution and Republic in the world. They utilized successfully, for the first time in history, a constitutional convention--which is America's great, if not greatest, contribution to the mechanics of self-government through constitutional government.

The Rights of the individual, not the business owner, are paramount.

Clarity brings conviction.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, Mar 14, 1908
Republicans.Hate.You.See2020.
"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia Oct 11, 1798
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Postby Brian D. » Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:39 am

bignflnut wrote:Do I lose my bodily autonomy when i step onto your parking lot?
May I be detained without cause?
Why do I no longer possess the ability to defend myself with a firearm? What prevents you from harming my body, if the business owner get to set the rules? Are these not each violations of my inalienable Rights?

The Rights of the individual, not the business owner, are paramount.

Clarity brings conviction.

I wish you'd been there when OFCC made Statehouse visits as a group. This topic came up every time, and also whenever I visited ony own. Invariably there were senior, leading Republican Reps and Senators who could NOT be swayed away from their belief that the rights of businesses superceded the rights of individuals who came to the businesses. These were the office holders that their fellow Republicans came to for guidance on the issues.

Maybe you could have convinced them. No, I'm not being a wise guy.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Brian D.

Postby Mr. Glock » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:07 pm

When government is small and competent, the old arguments of private property have tremendous merit.

The current problem is not that was wrong, but rather government has become overwhelming and incompetent and inconsistent. Thus, the time has passed for that point of view. It is no longer valid as the government controls too much of the economy and other areas. And private businesses will wade into politics in many ways. And private businesses colluding with government to push an opinion (it doesn’t matter good or bad, it matters that it is a private business usurpation of citizen’s rights). Sad, but true.

So, if a private business restricts a natural, civil and constitutional right in a way that is a political statement…well, good for the goose, good for the gander (or whatever).
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Postby bignflnut » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:51 am

Mr. Glock wrote:The current problem is not that was wrong, but rather government has become overwhelming and incompetent and inconsistent. Thus, the time has passed for that point of view. It is no longer valid as the government controls too much of the economy and other areas. And private businesses will wade into politics in many ways. And private businesses colluding with government to push an opinion (it doesn’t matter good or bad, it matters that it is a private business usurpation of citizen’s rights). Sad, but true.

You've just defined and shrugged in accepting fascism.
Your spirit has been broken - just as the bulk of the citizenry is being red pilled via attempted depopulation. (My tinfoil hat protects better than your needles)
May God have mercy on you and your family.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, Mar 14, 1908
Republicans.Hate.You.See2020.
"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia Oct 11, 1798
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Previous

Return to Ohio Concealed Carry Discussion