Church carry

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

beagler
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Church carry

Post by beagler »

As I understand the law now, one needs permission from a pastor to carry at church. Will this change when the new law goes into effect next month? Will we still need permission from a pastor to carry?
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Church carry

Post by JustaShooter »

Under Ohio law, to carry in a church you must have permission from someone authorized to grant that permission - whether that is from the pastor or other individual/body depends on your church's structure. That will not change when the new law takes effect on June 13th.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
beagler
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by beagler »

JustaShooter wrote:Under Ohio law, to carry in a church you must have permission from someone authorized to grant that permission - whether that is from the pastor or other individual/body depends on your church's structure. That will not change when the new law takes effect on June 13th.
Thanks
dustymedic
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by dustymedic »

See if your church has a security team and join it (I did). If your church doesn't have one, convince them to form one..
Somewhere, Darwin is crying...

Just remember, the largest mass murder in US history was committed with box cutters...
tracker1

Post by tracker1 »

In this day and age I really have a hard time going to a church not carrying.
Member - Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network
Bigger Bullets Leave Bigger Marks
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

tracker1 wrote:In this day and age I really have a hard time going to a church not carrying.
I hear you. Unfortunately the "nothing bad happens here/guns are evil" crowd and churches seem to go together like peas and carrots. Of course, there are exceptions but then personal theology plays a role too.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member