BCI delaying CCW APPS

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

EricTheBald

Re: BCI delaying CCW APPS

Post by EricTheBald »

Related to the OP...

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=93213" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-

I identify as Supreme Emperor of the 20 known Universes.
My preferred pronouns are: My Lord and Your Grace.

-
Homer J

Post by Homer J »

BCI updated their computer system back in July and they’ve had some issues and they are running extremely long delays on all background checks not just for CHLs.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Homer J wrote:BCI updated their computer system back in July and they’ve had some issues and they are running extremely long delays on all background checks not just for CHLs.
So the BCI is a law enforcement agency who can't follow the law themselves? Good to know. :roll:
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Brian D. wrote:
Homer J wrote:BCI updated their computer system back in July and they’ve had some issues and they are running extremely long delays on all background checks not just for CHLs.
So the BCI is a law enforcement agency who can't follow the law themselves? Good to know. :roll:
I don't think there is any law requiring BCI to complete background checks in any specific timeframe. It is the Sheriff's Office that isn't following the law here, as I understand it.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Pretty sure I once stumbled on a section of the ORC (or maybe the Ohio Administrative Code) that listed time frames for BCI to complete various tasks. Or maybe it was just a dream.

But fine by me, let's grab the county coroner and have him/her arrest the sheriff who isn't issuing licenses within 45 days.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.