Toledo (Holland) Texas Roadhouse

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

esprrfan2001

Toledo (Holland) Texas Roadhouse

Post by esprrfan2001 »

Went to the Texas Roadhouse in Toledo/Holland and seen it was posted anti gun. I wrote to corporate to inquire as to the change. Today I got a call from corporate office, the no weapons will come down. However a no open carry will replace it. The person that called me said he understands and supports those that went through the process to obtain a chl and welcomes them. The business reality is some are troubled seeing open carry and this way no one is put on the spot. Their way as a company trying to be fair as possible to all customers.
rexles

Re: Toledo (Holland) Texas Roadhouse

Post by rexles »

I have eaten there many many times and have never seen a sign ( but I never look too hard) Glad they changed their minds. I eat there at least twice a month.
Never pick a fight with an old man. If he can’t beat you he’ll just kill you!

A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun....Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks. Thomas Jefferson

SHOOT SMART NW OHIO LLC NRA Certified Instructor, Home Firearm Safety, Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home

NRA Life Member, MVGCA,Tri-State Gun Collectors, OFCC, Patriot Guard Member.
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

I eat at the Springfield Roadhouse and they are not posted. But I guess a dead giveaway that you are carrying is when you order a limeade instead of a beer.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

I've eaten at the Texas Roadhouse here in Charlottesville several times (only place I've found with a decent sized prime rib).
I open carried in the dining room and no one even blinked.

Of course, nearly NO businesses are CPZs around here. The only one I know of was a Buffalo Wild Wings that closed its doors. There is another one in the area but I don't know how well it's doing.

I almost always open carry and in the eight years I've been here I've ONLY had one negative comment. I'm pretty sure that adult male was from out of the area, if not from out of state, as it was graduation week for UVA and he mentioned that the sight of my gun scared his grandmother.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

qmti wrote:I eat at the Springfield Roadhouse and they are not posted. But I guess a dead giveaway that you are carrying is when you order a limeade instead of a beer.
Whenever I go to a Texas Roadhouse (not very often) I never order an alcoholic beverage. It's not just due to carrying, it's also due to driving. Yes I could legally and safely drive after one beer, but I don't want that to even be a potential issue at all should I get pulled over or should someone hit me. Also I know people who don't drink alcohol due to it interfering with their prescription medication, even though the prescription medication does not interfere with them carrying a gun.

I know a business owner who had a similar issue with open carry a few years ago, specifically a guy who came in open carrying a long gun. His regular customers said they weren't going to come back if he allowed other customers to bring guns in. He didn't want to put up a typical "no guns" sign because he also had customers who had carried concealed way before this issue occurred and the customers who were sensitive to it (hoblophobes ?) never even knew. It never became an ongoing issue though because the guy was not a regular customer and never came back. He never said why he was never coming back, just didn't. He was also allegedly videoing at the time. :roll: