Fun & Gun 2019 is June 9 in Clinton County

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Fun & Gun 2019 is June 9 in Clinton County

Post by JustaShooter »

https://ohioccw.org/index.php?option=co ... 22&reset=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ohioan’s for Concealed Carry is excited to announce that the Clinton County Farmers' and Sportsmen's Association is again graciously hosting Fun & Gun 2019 on Sunday, June 9th, 2019 at 8am.

Fun & Gun serves as an opportunity for you to come spend a great day on the range with us shooting scenarios that are challenging and FUN! This fundraiser helps us continue our efforts improving firearms laws for law abiding Ohioans.

If you’ve ever attended FnG previously, or shot at an IDPA match you know what to expect. If you’re a first timer or a novice, don’t be shy! We’ll walk you through everything you need to know. There’s always returning participants and we’re welcoming first timers especially. You should at least have a basic understanding of firearms safety protocols. This event will be a combination of basic tactical training and IDPA type scenario stages that will simulate conditions you “may” encounter in real life concealed carry situations.

Participants will safely utilize handguns to navigate the courses of fire. Feedback from the instructors and range safety officers will help you to hone your skills. Geared for both beginning and advanced shooters, it promises to be a day of fun for all.

Below are guidelines (PLEASE take the time to read them) to help facilitate this.

Registration at the facility is at 8:00AM sharp on the day of the event. Please plan to arrive by 7:45am so you are ready to go and we stay on schedule.

After entering the main driveway, park and unload your gear. Head towards the club house. Before entering the club house, you’ll be directed towards the Safety Check area for the initial mandatory safety briefing. Again, PLEASE do this BEFORE entering the club house.

No loaded carry guns will be permitted on your person during this event. All carry guns are to be unloaded prior to arrival or at the Safety Area. Guns used for FnG may ONLY be loaded once you’re on the firing line and directed to load specifically for the course of fire (COF).

REMEMBER, safety protocols are a priority at all times. No one will remove their firearms from a holster unless instructed to do so by a Range Safety Officer during a course of fire or during the Safety Check prior to entering the classroom AND while on the range.

Food will be for sale and provided by the club. The cost is $6.00 and is NOT part of the event registration. Meal combos will consist of hamburgers, cheeseburgers, pulled pork and bratwurst. Two hot sides and a drink. Please feel free to pack your own meal or snacks (protein bars… etc.) for your comfort during the day. You may also want to bring a lightweight folding chair to use when not shooting.

This is a rain or shine outdoor event. Please be sure to dress comfortably for the weather. The stages are relatively close together. Still, wear comfortable, rugged, waterproof footwear. Hats with brims are also recommended to protect you and minimize the chance of ejected brass burning your face / eyes.

All shooters and observers are required to bring your own hearing protection, eye protection and ammunition (200 rounds minimum recommended). We strongly encourage factory ammunition. Please do not bring any hollow point ammunition. Have a minimum of two magazines for semi-automatic pistol. If you’re bringing a revolver, have at least two speed-loaders or two Speed-strips. Consider bringing magazine pouches / ammunition carriers for this equipment. A spare handgun is a good idea…just in case.

Be sure to bring a strong-side hip holster. Only strong-side holsters (Belt, Paddle, or IWB) that securely hold your gun and cover the trigger will be permitted. No cross draw holsters, shoulder holsters, ankle holsters, etc. will be allowed for safety concerns. Serpa brand holsters or any other holster that uses an index finger to release the retention mechanism are strongly discouraged due to documented safety and reliability issues. *If this is your only holster, you may bring it, however, we'd prefer to avoid the issue if possible.

We strongly recommend that you shoot (to verify your ammo works with your gun), clean, and properly lubricate your handgun prior to attending the event. In addition, practice your draw and presentation from your holster while wearing the gear you plan to wear for Fun n Gun (ponchos, rain coats, etc.). Please be aware of and avoid drawstrings on your clothes. They are a safety issue. Be sure to have a good belt to support your gear. A sturdy range bag will be one of your best friends.

Please leave all firearms safely cased or holstered until a Range Safety Officer provides instructions. Anyone legally carrying their firearm in a holster will have an opportunity to swap out their carry ammo prior to the Safety/Skills briefing as directed by a Range Safety Officer. Following the safety check, you will be asked to meet in the main classroom to complete the check-in and receive additional event materials.

After a welcoming presentation, we will break the participants up into several shooting groups that will rotate through the shooting stations. Each group will have OFCC staff member as group leaders. Your group leader will help you with any questions or issues you may have during the event.

IMPORTANT - If during registration you use your own name more than once (presumably because you're bringing one or more guests), please forward those names to us ASAP after registering.

We do our best to place people in groups with their friends. If circumstances dictate you not being in a friend’s group, we’d greatly appreciate your understanding. This will be done on a first come first serve basis, so plan accordingly. To request being in a particular group, please contact Darrel Appleby at darrel@ohioccw.org after you’ve registered.

If you are unable to make it to the event after registering, please contact us ASAP. If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you again for your support! We’re looking forward to seeing you there!

https://ohioccw.org/index.php?option=co ... 22&reset=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Pops Fun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Fun & Gun 2019 is June 9 in Clinton County

Post by Pops Fun »

Can't wait, got a group going again....
So much fun, can't hardly stand it!!

Steve :D
Steve

"Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it, have never known it again.".............. Ronald Reagan
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

I just registered for this event. This one makes my... ummm... I think it is my 8th straight Fun 'n Gun!

Ya gotta come folks, it's a blast. Special incentive if you buy a ticket and make it in for the day -- come and meet me, call me names, swap handloading stories with me, chitchat about Smith & Wesson 1-2-3rd Generation and Performance Center pistols, maybe I have a pistol I can drag along if it's something you haven't seen or tried and you've heard me talk about it. Maybe we can buy, sell or swap a handgun or some handloading gear or supplies?!

Open a discussion if'n you wanna buy, sell or trade something at the Fun 'n Gun. I've got lots of goodies and I love finding more goodies or finding homes for some of my goodies. Brass? Powder? Handguns?! Let's hear some stuff. And get ready for some great shooting in Clinton County! :mrgreen:
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

I have a question, if someone shows up with a revolver is everyone then limited to 6 shots in their magazines?

I have only been to one Fun & Gun (thanks again Mourne) and that was the case there so I was wondering if that was SOP ?
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
RichN

Post by RichN »

BEAR! wrote:I have a question, if someone shows up with a revolver is everyone then limited to 6 shots in their magazines?

I have only been to one Fun & Gun (thanks again Mourne) and that was the case there so I was wondering if that was SOP ?
No, this isn't a formal competition and no prizes are being awarded.

Each person should bring what they want to shoot.
If you do decide to bring a revolver, I recommend that you bring at least two speed loaders.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

Wazzup Gang?

Fun n Gun is around the corner and we want to see you and your friends there.

One of our Coordinators (who shall remain nameless at this time) is bringing a 50 cal BMG that will be available to shoot in one of the bays this year (for a small extra donation).

Also, there will be more props than in previous year's in the live fire stages. The good folks hosting us are going all out in stage designs.

There very well may even be another Force on Force stage that creates realistic self defense scenarios. You'll have to try to navigate your way through the course of fire making split second decisions regarding your choice in using "deadly force". You'll have at your disposal a very realistic airsoft gun that will fire if you so choose to. A great training exercise as well as an eye opener on how quickly things can and do happen. Safety gear is provided for this stage.

Lunch of course will be awesome as are the people who will be in attendance that support OFCC's efforts.

Thanks in advance!
Jake
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

Some things we'll see at the shooting stages include drop turn targets, steel targets, swingers and a moving target on a zip line. ALSO, we will be shooting from a van apparently. Sounds great to me! 8)

Currently we have 7 stages PLUS the 50 cal BMG stage and our Force On Force stage.
The current round count is 125. I'd suggest bringing at least 200.

We'll be offering the opportunity to shoot a scoped 50 cal BMG at 100 or 200 yards. We'll be charging somewhere in the neighborhood of $10/ shot. Looks like cardboard targets for that. IDPA silhouettes likely. Should be a BLAST!

http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

We'll be accepting walk on's on Sunday for our Fun n Gun event (8am sharp). If you're attending as such, please gives us a heads up at jklein@ohioccw.org.

We want to make sure that you'll know what to bring to make the day an enjoyable experience.

We'll be raffling off a chance to fire a 50 BMG (2 shots) for only $5.
Others wanting to shoot it will have the opportunity as well. Also, 7 pistol stages will challenge you. It's going to a be another excellent event and we want you there!

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Anxiously awaiting the AAR.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Brian D. wrote:Anxiously awaiting the AAR.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=93365#p4399936" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

Hey everybody,

I'm thrilled to be able to say we'll be making an announcement soon regarding FnG 21!

Keep September 26th open!

Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Oh HELL yeah!!!
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!