New Feedback System

Ohio's best kept used firearms and accessories market secret. Shop or list your items for sale here. Discussions on this forum should be limited to the negotiation of a sale or trade - New listings will soon be limited to OFCC Members - join OFCC here for unlimited listings!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
By using the For Sale Forum you agree to the rules as outlined in this post. Continued use of the For Sale forum, conducting transactions, or posting here indicates acceptance of these rules which may change without notice.
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

New Feedback System

Post by jgarvas »

As of this post the Feedback System is only going to display feedback scores for those of you who are using the prosilver theme. If you see avatars on the left side of your screen the feedback scores are not yet visible. We'll work on that this week.

We've added a feedback feature to the forums that will be available for transactions that take place on the forums. The feedback system requires a little bit of honor system, so if you're caught cheating or leaving feedback for items you were not involved with please expect to have your account deactivated. Pursuant to our Terms Of Service and the For Sale Forum Rules we have no involvement in transactions that take place here. If you have a problem with feedback left here that doesn't otherwise violate our terms of service it is between you and the other party of your transaction.

Feedback "scores" are only shown publicly beneath the avatar in For Sale forums and sub-forums. They're intentionally hidden in the rest of the discussion forums here so as not to show 0% feedback for those members of the forums who don't use this area of the system.

To Leave Feedback after a transaction:

1. Open the thread where your transaction took place and note the topic id. You can figure this out by looking at the t= in the URL (This topic is 25493)
2. Find the other party in your transaction and click on the feedback score under their avatar, then click on "Add Feedback"
3. Click the radio button for your role (Buyer, Seller, Trade)
4. Click the radio button for the type of feedback you wish to leave (Positive, Negative, Neutral)
5. Type in the digits of the topic id where your transaction took place. Both parties must have contributed to that thread.
6. Enter any commentary you wish to leave about this transaction. Note that you can never edit this text to keep all parties honest.

This is feedback I left for a recent transaction: http://ohioccwforums.org/feedback.php?m ... me=pens-66" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We strongly encourage you to post ONE ITEM per topic (post) instead of listing numerous items in a single post. This will permit you to leave feedback for each transaction.

Deleting Subjects: For some reason users of the F/S forums have been erasing the subject line of their original posts to eliminate an item that is sold, removed, etc. Please DO NOT do this if you choose to de-list an item or have sold/traded it. Instead, edit the subject of the original post to indicate SOLD, TRADED, or DELISTED

We are contemplating what to do with the historic feedback thread. If possible, we will gather the "scores" there and integrate them into the existing system. If we don't discover any problems with this new feature we'll eventually lock that thread.
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: New Feedback System

Post by Cruiser »

5. Type in the digits of the topic id where your transaction took place. Both parties must have contributed to that thread.
Where do I find this No.? How about a sample? I am really lost here! :oops:

Easy after I what he meant by URL! It is this number. In bold.
xxx://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=25328&p=309966&hilit=bersa#p309966
Last edited by Cruiser on Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Abandon ye all HOPE!
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

Cruiser wrote:
Where do I find this No.? How about a sample? I am really lost here!
See "1." in the instruction list in Jeff's post...
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
Teknorat

Post by Teknorat »

Any chance we'll ever be able to edit our feedback? I left a neutral instead of a positive by mistake :cry:
I don't like guns... I love 'em.
Splat!!

Post by Splat!! »

Well..........I thought they wanted the role of the user you are leaving the feedback for ........I tested on Evan , Oh well it was postive just I ended up being the seller...............
"Our government... teaches the whole people by its example. If the government becomes the lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy."
johnisaly

Post by johnisaly »

Question ???

Try this scenario…………….You post an item for sale. You are contacted via PM. The sale is then completed via PM, email, or telephone. The other party never posted in the actual thread. Can feedback be given to him? Can he leave feedback for the seller?
John in Columbus
"The story you are about to hear is true; the names have been changed to protect the innocent"
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by jgarvas »

johnisaly wrote:Question ???

Try this scenario…………….You post an item for sale. You are contacted via PM. The sale is then completed via PM, email, or telephone. The other party never posted in the actual thread. Can feedback be given to him? Can he leave feedback for the seller?
No. Both parties need to be a part of the thread, so after the deal is made the buyer/tradee should make a post in the related thread, but the intent was to allow PM negotiation to continue so I avoided a whole "bidding" system like ebay since deals seem to consist of "PM Sent" here...
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.
johnisaly

Post by johnisaly »

OK - Thanks for the update.
John in Columbus
"The story you are about to hear is true; the names have been changed to protect the innocent"
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

I encourage folks to go back in time and update their feedback into the new system.

That's where I'm heading now...

Is there a way to edit in the new section?
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Newcomer
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Newcomer »

Not seeing it
"You don't have to agree with everything I say...but eventually you'll come to your senses."
http://www.gunauction.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

Newcomer wrote:Not seeing it
Look below your avatar.....lower......just a little lower.......there ya go!
:shock:

http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

Doesn't work with Prosilver Left...

I had to change back to regular Prosilver to leave feedback. And yes, I would like some cheese with my whine... :lol:
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

Morne wrote:Doesn't work with Prosilver Left...

I had to change back to regular Prosilver to leave feedback. And yes, I would like some cheese with my whine... :lol:
Yep......Jeff mentioned that early on I believe.

Sorry, I ate the last of the cheese.... :oops:

Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Morne wrote:Doesn't work with Prosilver Left...

That what happens when you go over to the Left! :)
Abandon ye all HOPE!
ArcherAce

Post by ArcherAce »

Is there anyway to give feedback to someone when the post is gone? I made a purchase from NavyChief years ago when he was living in Fla. The post is long gone and can't figue out a way to leave him feedback for the sale.

Would it be possible to set it up where we could use the old feedback thread, topic #12590 as the thread we link to? Otherwise, I'm going to have a heck of a time digging up these old threads. If they even exist anymore.

Also, for the "role" radio button, maybe you change that to read "Your Role". That way people won't mistakenly thinks it the roll of the person you are leaving feedback for. Cuz', you know, that could happen to someone that isn't paying attention and didn't read the instructions. :roll:
"Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets."