Camp Perry National Matches - you going?

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

mm
Last edited by Petrovich on Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

Glock Rock wrote:
Ring wrote:when the MP stops you at the gate, do you have to notify him you are carrying like a cop? or no?
It wasn't an MP who checked my ID - just some nice guy in BDU's putting in his reservist time.
Yeah, just some slob serving his country and protecting my freedom.

I know the type.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

John Salyers wrote:
Ring wrote:when the MP stops you at the gate, do you have to notify him you are carrying like a cop? or no?
I go to Camp Perry quite often for work related issues. I do not offer them any information if they don't ask. The last few times I have been there they have not asked about weapons in the vehicle. There have been a few times that they have wanted to see my pistol to make sure it was locked up and unloaded. I now stop before I get there and clear my carry gun to avoid any problems.

I'm not sure if the unit police have enforcement powers or not. Looks to me like they would hold a person for the OSP if there was a violation.

There was a command change there recently and shortly after is when these changes in policy started.
It does seem ironic that lawful citizens are treated in this manner.

However, there may be a practical side....'civilian thinking' and 'military thinking' are very different modes of thought.

These folks are on 'high alert'...after all this is a military base. Searching/screening people for weapons is routine on a base.

It's a simple matter of maintaining a level of alertness....I wouldn't take it personal on a military base.

I know from my own experiences on military bases things are usually pretty tight. I seriously doubt this has changed in all the history of our military.