OOW Gun show July 20

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

OOW Gun show July 20

Post by Bruenor »

Small show but some very interesting pieces if you are in the area it’s going till 4:00.

FG42, Wildey pistol, Japanese model 96 NFA, 1917A1 NFA, Tommy gun NFA. And more
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Bruenor

Re: OOW Gun show July 20

Post by Bruenor »

OOW is Ohio Ordnance Works in Chardon . Guess I should have spelled that out in the OP
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Was a good show, a lot of interesting pieces I haven't seen in a while. cost me more a lot more than I planned for, when I volunteered to work the table for FNRA.

A few of the interesting pieces

AR180

FG42

NFA Maxim Machine Gun
No price marked on this one. so I guess if you have to ask you couldn't afford it anyway :)

WILDEY

I will certainly be watching for when they do another show at this location. was free to get in, and there were complimentary donuts and coffee.
Μολὼν λαβέ

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

How many 100s of thousands is that FG 42 :shock: very rare only a few in the country.
Black Rifles Matter
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

steves 50de wrote:How many 100s of thousands is that FG 42 :shock: very rare only a few in the country.
If I recall the FG 42 was priced at $6,500.00, there was a second FG42 directly behind it on the other side of the table. those were not marked as NFA so is there a reproduction version ? Best guess it's a semi-auto reproduction from someone like SMG. Was out of my price range either way, so I did not inquire about the details for that one.
Μολὼν λαβέ

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Bruenor wrote:
steves 50de wrote:How many 100s of thousands is that FG 42 :shock: very rare only a few in the country.
If I recall the FG 42 was priced at $6,500.00, there was a second FG42 directly behind it on the other side of the table. those were not marked as NFA so is there a reproduction version ? Best guess it's a semi-auto reproduction from someone like SMG. Was out of my price range either way, so I did not inquire about the details for that one.
Well oow has the reproduction's A real full auto one at auction went for 300 grand. Around 7000 FG-42's produced late in the war,... just a few made it over here.
Black Rifles Matter
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

For reproductions they were still pretty sweet looking.

My understanding was they had purchased several collections recently and were looking to move some of the pieces which is why they held the show. Hope they do it again as there was a lot of nice stuff if you are into collecting certain things. I'll certainly be better prepared next time. Also curious what was in the collections that they held back and didn't put out for the show.

some of the stuff I saw
Remington Model 12's round and octagon barrel, I've never seen so many pump 22's in one place
Several rolling block rifles
Some Desert eagles
1911's
A bunch of high standard pistols
Lots of bolt action rifles all makes and calibers from old to really nice hunting rifles.
Lugers
Revolvers, one of the S&W revolvers was marked 1 of 3000. Several were in presentation cases.
Lots of CZ's
bunch of Walthers, P38's P38K's
H&K's the P7 went pretty quick
All the NFA stuff
Various AK47's from all over, Norinco, polytech, russian, others
SKS's a plenty from all over
there was also a comm block looking Rifle, I don't think it was an SVD (trying to recall what it was) but it was along those lines with the optic mounted.
A bunch of pistols that were machined and painted so you could see the internals. would be great training aids.

It seemed like there were more interesting pieces at this small show than I typically see at the large shows. or maybe they were just concentrated in a smaller area. maybe because they came from other peoples collections as a whole.
Μολὼν λαβέ

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Bruenor wrote:For reproductions they were still pretty sweet looking.

My understanding was they had purchased several collections recently and were looking to move some of the pieces which is why they held the show. Hope they do it again as there was a lot of nice stuff if you are into collecting certain things. I'll certainly be better prepared next time. Also curious what was in the collections that they held back and didn't put out for the show.

some of the stuff I saw
Remington Model 12's round and octagon barrel, I've never seen so many pump 22's in one place
Several rolling block rifles
Some Desert eagles
1911's
A bunch of high standard pistols
Lots of bolt action rifles all makes and calibers from old to really nice hunting rifles.
Lugers
Revolvers, one of the S&W revolvers was marked 1 of 3000. Several were in presentation cases.
Lots of CZ's
bunch of Walthers, P38's P38K's
H&K's the P7 went pretty quick
All the NFA stuff
Various AK47's from all over, Norinco, polytech, russian, others
SKS's a plenty from all over
there was also a comm block looking Rifle, I don't think it was an SVD (trying to recall what it was) but it was along those lines with the optic mounted.
A bunch of pistols that were machined and painted so you could see the internals. would be great training aids.

It seemed like there were more interesting pieces at this small show than I typically see at the large shows. or maybe they were just concentrated in a smaller area. maybe because they came from other peoples collections as a whole.
When the next one come's up can you post something on it, i would love to check this show out.
Black Rifles Matter
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Will do.
Μολὼν λαβέ

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson