Party in the Park 2016

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

pirateguy191

Re: Party in the Park 2016

Post by pirateguy191 »

If I can find the other 3 individuals whose tickets were never placed into the hopper for the door prizes, I'm thinking class action suit. Where's that Kessler guy?
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Yeah Jeff that was a bummer standing there waiting for your number to be called and it wasn't even in the bucket......someone goofed..I'm sure it was unintentional..

The least they could of done is taken a bullet out of their gun a given it to you.. :P
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

sd790 wrote:It was awesome to see a huge (yuuuuuge!) turnout on just a bleak and rainy day. Thanks to OFCC for putting the effort into organizing the picnic. My wife and I had a great time despite not being able to take Chuck's German Shepherd home with us!
Yes, but you did take home something nice! :lol:
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

pirateguy191 wrote:If I can find the other 3 individuals whose tickets were never placed into the hopper for the door prizes, I'm thinking class action suit. Where's that Kessler guy?
I will attest that I did put your ticket in.

But that was Chuck's ammo can we were using... it might have eaten yours. :twisted:

Seriously though - I would not doubt if some stuck together or something. It was like 137% humidity yesterday there...
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Carmen, Steve, pirateguy: Lots of chatter all around during the drawing. Did you maybe not hear some called ticket numbers? Just a thought..
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I won something as well as Steve...468 was Jeff's number....it got lost ,stuck together or eaten...
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Brian D. wrote:Carmen, Steve, pirateguy: Lots of chatter all around during the drawing. Did you maybe not hear some called ticket numbers? Just a thought..
That was my thought, too. Jeff was trying to not drag the drawing out time-wise. There also was a certain amount of "What number was that he just said?" being asked around me.

The tickets were creased a bit in effort to keep them from sticking. As humid as it was, the effort may not have helped much.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

If it was eaten then I think Chuck ate it....I observed him eating everything in sight most of the day.. :P
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Carmen has the hearing aids, I don't.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

carmen fovozzo wrote:If it was eaten then I think Chuck ate it....I observed him eating everything in sight most of the day.. :P
Bet it was Chuck or his dog. More likely Chuck! :shock:
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

Is there a list of the speakers?
I tried to jot them down but sometimes it was hard to pick up on spelling or even their name.
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
burgman2170

Post by burgman2170 »

Despite of the rain and it did rain coming up 71 from Cincinnati I enjoyed myself at the event. Thought the food was better last year but then again we got there a little later as the rain slowed us down. My nephew won a guy and is getting his Carry and Conceal in the new couple of weeks so he was very happy. Thought the speakers were great, very interesting, liked that you got the kids involved as well. Looking forward to next years event. Thanks to all for getting this event together. Sunday works best for us as I don't have to work. Thanks again!
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

Brian D:

Keep posting up and asking. It's a long haul home for the NE attendees and they probably go beddy bye upon arrival.[/quote]

Yes it was close to my bed time as my uncle and I stayed late to help clean up and we got home around 8:00ish, although we did stop and get some ice cream on the way home in Dalton, Ohio and when we slowed down to get off at the exit for ice cream, Justashooter and his side kick, Chris went fly'in by, headed home....so ya, it was a bit of a drive for some of us up this way.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Well, thank you guys for coming down and making the event a success!
It's always a good time with you all!

I want to thank Stryker74, Mustang380gal, 3FULLMAGS+1, JustaShooter, Meanstreaker, Morne, and Bryan Torok for their work and help this year.
Each of them contributed uniquely and make for a great team.

Thank you guys, one and all, from the bottom of my heart

** And thank you Jeff for bringing the ponchos!
They were a life saver!
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

Chuck wrote:Well, thank you guys for coming down and making the event a success!
It's always a good time with you all!

I want to thank Stryker74, Mustang380gal, 3FULLMAGS+1, JustaShooter, Meanstreaker, Morne, and Bryan Torok for their work and help this year.
Each of them contributed uniquely and make for a great team.

Thank you guys, one and all, from the bottom of my heart

** And thank you Jeff for bringing the ponchos!
They were a life saver!
Chuck, I'd like to give a plug for my uncle Walt, whom I rode down with.
He really likes being involved when or where ever he can. He likes helping with the Medina gun show and he enjoyed helping us at the PITP setting things up.
He won't see this but I felt like saying something anyway.
Not a computer guy so you'll never see him on the forums either, but we both enjoyed the event.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".