2016 NRA Annual Mtg/Convention. Who's going?!

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

2016 NRA Annual Mtg/Convention. Who's going?!

Post by JU-87 »

2016 NRA Annual Mtg/Convention. Louisville,KY. May 20th-22.

I will be there Saturday & Sunday. :)
About a 5 hr drive from cleveland, Ohio.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: 2016 NRA Annual Mtg/Convention. Who's going?!

Post by JU-87 »

Here's a link:
https://www.nraam.org/events/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

I'm heading down tonight. Did the online registration so me and the girlfriend can just walk in tomorrow. It's her first one.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
marca

Post by marca »

I didn't realize you needed to register. Is that required to get into the gun show? I figured my membership card would be all I needed.
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

ROTC stuff for my boy this weekend - so I will not be going this year.

My original plan was to drive down tomorrow evening - figuring I would find a hotel around La Grange area. I assumed it would be far enough outside of downtown to still be available and reasonable - but only a 40 minute or so drive in Saturday morning.

Maybe if I actually plan to take the time off and book a hotel - I might go the one that is supposed to in Atlanta next year...
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dl1911 »

Wish I could go. But working BASS match on Saturday and match on Sunday that I invited a lot of people to before I realized it was the same weekend as the NRA convention.
Dale
1911 & IDPA Fan(atic), SIG Fan, and fan of less common calibers
RichN

Post by RichN »

marca wrote:I didn't realize you needed to register. Is that required to get into the gun show? I figured my membership card would be all I needed.
You can register at the event. When I went to the one in Indiana a couple of years ago, it didn't take long on Sunday morning. I would suspect Saturday morning they might be a little jammed up.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)