Call for Volunteers: Berea Gun Show

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Call for Volunteers: Berea Gun Show

Post by JustaShooter »

OK folks, I seem to recall someone asking why we only do the Medina Gun Show here in NE Ohio and mentioned Berea. The short answer is we don't have enough volunteers. Well, let's see if we can make something happen!

I'm looking for members willing to help make the Berea Gun Show a regular event for Ohioans for Concealed Carry. To do that, we need a couple of dedicated members willing to commit to making this show a reality. I have one member who is interested in helping, but is limited to Saturdays. We need someone to cover Sundays, and hopefully a couple of others to help each day so it isn't just one person all day, help with breaks, and so on.

Ideally, we'd like to see someone step up and commit to being there both days and help recruit volunteers - maybe even take the lead for the show. Or maybe, two members that can make that commitment, one for Saturday and one for Sunday like Chris and I have done with Medina. I'll do everything I can to get it started if we can get some members to volunteer.

So, who wants go get active in promoting OFCC and making a difference for our firearm rights in NE Ohio? Reply to this thread or PM me!
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Brian D.

Re: Call for Volunteers: Berea Gun Show

Post by Brian D. »

Did you omit the show dates on purpose?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Brian D. wrote:Did you omit the show dates on purpose?
Not really, I was thinking more of the overall picture and putting a team together and didn't really think about posting the dates. If it will help folks understand what we are looking at, here is the schedule for the rest of the year:

April 30 & May 1, 2016
July 9 & 10, 2016
August 27 & 28, 2016
October 15 & 16, 2016
November 19 & 20, 2016

The April 30 & May 1 show may be a bit soon to be able to get something together, but the rest of the year is certainly doable if we have the people to run the table.
NRA Life Member

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Okay. It will probably help somebody up that way to start looking ahead. (And don't you go pulling a Chuck here and suggest that I take the lead on an event 200+ miles away from home! :P )
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Brian D. wrote:Okay. It will probably help somebody up that way to start looking ahead. (And don't you go pulling a Chuck here and suggest that I take the lead on an event 200+ miles away from home! :P )
Why not, I may do a Columbus show in the future. I 'am sick of looking at don and chris. :P :lol:
Black Rifles Matter
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

steves 50de wrote:I 'am sick of looking at don and chris. :P :lol:
Well I can sure understand that!

So, are you saying you would be able to help with the Berea schedule? Or just any show that isn't being covered by Don and Chris? :mrgreen:

(BTW, I'm going to be working on Summit after I see if we can get Berea going, so...)
NRA Life Member

carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I resemble that remark....I'm thinking...Might take awhile being old and all..
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens