Help OFCC at Medina County Gun Show JAn. 16/17

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Help OFCC at Medina County Gun Show JAn. 16/17

Post by JustaShooter »

OFCC will be manning a table at the Medina County gun show during the weekend of January 16th & 17th.

The show is held at the Medina County Fairgrounds, from 9:00am to 5:00pm Saturday, and 9:00 to 3:00pm Sunday.

We could use a couple of people each day to help out! It would be nice to have at least one or two other people at the table at all times to help spread the word about OFCC, hand out info, and take donations. That would give us plenty of help to rotate out for restroom & food breaks, as well as time to check out the vendors.

Admission to the show is free with the exhibitor badges that we get from the show management. So, not only do you get in for free, if you volunteer for a morning you can get in before the crowd and check out the vendor tables before the doors open at 9am!

This is a great opportunity to meet & talk to like minded people, meet some of your fellow OFCC members, and help out an organization that has done a lot to improve our gun rights in Ohio.

If you would like to volunteer, post in this thread, or send me a pm to let us know you can help. Chris448 and I are sharing the lead for this show, I'll be taking Saturday and he will be taking Sunday.

See you there!
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Help OFCC at Medina County Gun Show JAn. 16/17

Post by djmac1964 »

I plan to be there both days.
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Splendid!

3FULLMAGS+1 has talked with me about helping as well, unless something comes up he will probably be catching a ride with me on Saturday.
NRA Life Member

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

This one ought to be a hoot.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

pirateguy191 wrote:This one ought to be a hoot.
Yup, I expect it to be a madhouse, and depending on when the new ATF guidance on who is a dealer is supposed to take effect, there could be some empty tables. I do expect our pet ATF agent to have a friend or two, if not this show then soon.
NRA Life Member

dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dl1911 »

Will be there at least one day but may be splitting my time between OFCC and a friend's tables.
Dale
1911 & IDPA Fan(atic), SIG Fan, and fan of less common calibers
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

dl1911 wrote:Will be there at least one day but may be splitting my time between OFCC and a friend's tables.
It's looking like we've got Saturday pretty well covered at the moment so unless someone bows out you can probably spend most of the day over at your friend's table if you like.
NRA Life Member

steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

I will help out sunday.
Black Rifles Matter
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Thanks, very much appreciated.
NRA Life Member

3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

JustaShooter wrote:Splendid!

3FULLMAGS+1 has talked with me about helping as well, unless something comes up he will probably be catching a ride with me on Saturday.

Yep.....I'll be there with Justashooter tomorrow. :D
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

A huge thanks goes out to everyone who showed up to help this weekend!
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Without giving away any Top Secrets: How did things go at the show, specifically for OFCC? Get any new members? Have that talk with one person where you know you kept them from going off track legally? Come on now, I think the lack of an after action report keeps some folks on here from signing up to do a few hours behind the table. They don't know what to expect or what can be gained or learned. (And I'm as guilty as the next guy for not talking it up better when I was taking some turns volunteering.)
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

I stopped by the table to say hello on Saturday. With three guys behind the table, they were doing a steady business. Plenty of handouts to give to people, and the donation jar was looking full.

I did work the table in the past, a few years ago. It's pretty easy work, and you don't need to be a Concealed Carry expert with all the handouts and materials available. And, judging from this past Saturday, you don't need to be handsome either. :mrgreen:

As was related to me on Saturday, most gun show attendees have never heard of OFCC, so the tables provide good exposure to our group.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Mr. Glock wrote:It's pretty easy work, and you don't need to be a Concealed Carry expert with all the handouts and materials available. And, judging from this past Saturday, you don't need to be handsome either. :mrgreen:
Yeah I know, those other two guys with me at the table.. well, the less said the better!
NRA Life Member

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Should we talk a little about the C&E/Showmasters events in Columbus here on this thread? Some of you know the Westland Mall is kaput, hence no more shows there. They are being moved to the Ohio Expo Center, by the state fairgrounds. Pretty sure that venue charges patrons to park. Might make OFCC show volunteers a little harder to recruit. It won't help attendance at the events, either, for that matter.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.