Fun N Gun 2016

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Fun N Gun 2016

Post by OldManTod »

Rest of pix are uploading now - if you are super embarrassed by your grip, let me know I can take the picture down.... they are ugly folks... they are ugly :)

http://www.toddjayphotography.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - click on the OFCC Fun and Gun blog post.
"I feel sorry for you people who do not drink, when you wake up in the morning, that is as good as you are going to feel all day." - Dean
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Those pictures are excellent, Tod. My FDE M&P is truly an unattractive gun though, that much I freely admit. However, thanks to the VTAC sights and enhanced Pro Series internals, it can definitely hit what I aim at, repeatedly.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

I thought I saw a picture of me...but it was just some fat guy.

8)
MyWifeSaidYes
OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by OldManTod »

Thanks Brian D - some of them came out really really well. I think Jake sent me the roster of all the attendees and their e-mails, I am going to try and send that e-mail list a note that pix are up.
"I feel sorry for you people who do not drink, when you wake up in the morning, that is as good as you are going to feel all day." - Dean
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Bro, I cannot even possibly imagine how much time it takes JUST to sift through all the pictures that were snapped -- simply to find the ones you wanted to post that capture the moment. To say nothing of running around all day clicking with a camera. It's obvious that you have a passion and talent for this, it's really quite an impressive body of work.

Much thanks! :D
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
Bianchi?

Post by Bianchi? »

Just out of curiosity, what's your total to keep ratio on the photos? I know when I've done action / sports shoots, I typically get about a 40:1 total:keep ratio.
I've had consistently good results with ether.
OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by OldManTod »

Thanks guys - my business has taken off, for now its still only about 30 hours a week (on top of my day job of 40 hours).

On the Saturday I shot about 400, on Sunday I shot about 3500 - when you are trying to get the flames and effects out of the cycling, you are firing about 10 shots per run and using a d750, that takes about a second and a half.

I ended up with about 500 photos from the weekend to go through and narrow down - there are more keeper photos, but I figured with this crew like 3 or so photos per person to post would be good.

When I shoot Volleyball weekends, depending on the lighting I will shoot anywhere between 500 and 2000 - if the lighting is poor, I shoot less. When I get a well lit gym (place out near Sandysky this year) I get as much content as I can. For high school matches its about 400 shots per game, if there are three games 1,200 but there could be as many as 8 games in one night.

Concerts I tend to shoot about 500 for an evening, mostly due to lighting.

Keeping ratio - about 10%.

I do video production too -> Gilmour Academy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_s-hyfU1mU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (my business partner and I did that one, there are Indiana University and Ohio State recruits in that video)

When I was coaching last year -> from Columbus convention center: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_vg796j4ds" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mreising

Post by mreising »

There were videos taken in the Force on Force house, and those were supposed to be available if we wanted a copy, all we had to do was give our name to the camera after our run. Does anyone know the status of those?

Regarding OMT's comment about pictures of our grip being ugly, yeah, I resemble that remark, just another reason for my sucky score :D .
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

mreising wrote:There were videos taken in the Force on Force house, and those were supposed to be available if we wanted a copy, all we had to do was give our name to the camera after our run. Does anyone know the status of those?

Regarding OMT's comment about pictures of our grip being ugly, yeah, I resemble that remark, just another reason for my sucky score :D .
That was J Gar's thing. Contact him through his drop box e-mail on the OFCC main page, he'll get back to you in three four months tops.

********************************************************************************
OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by OldManTod »

Oh yeah - I forgot about that... We DO have to be careful about posting those in public, I recall for the past few years that TDI asks us to not make those publicly available.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

OldManTod wrote:Oh yeah - I forgot about that... We DO have to be careful about posting those in public, I recall for the past few years that TDI asks us to not make those publicly available.
Because plywood is a secret?
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

pirateguy191 wrote:
OldManTod wrote:Oh yeah - I forgot about that... We DO have to be careful about posting those in public, I recall for the past few years that TDI asks us to not make those publicly available.
My guess is they think legal litigation as it can show how one would act in a self defense situation.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
pirateguy191 wrote:
My guess is they think legal litigation as it can show how one would act in a self defense situation.
No. Those videos contain the Intellectual Property of TDI and they don't want James Yeager getting his paws on it. :wink:
MyWifeSaidYes
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I left a message for Jeff G about this on Facebook today. Not posted on his feed, since we're not "friends", but a message nonetheless. We'll see if he answers that better than with his OFCC contact info options.

burgman2170

Post by burgman2170 »

When is the Party in the Park scheduled this year?