Ft. Hill,MD. EIC Rifle Match 9/26-27 Report!!

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Ft. Hill,MD. EIC Rifle Match 9/26-27 Report!!

Post by JU-87 »

Hi all
My Son and I drove from near Cleveland, Ohio to the Ft. Hill Rifle & Pistol Club(FHRPC) in Oldtown, Maryland, to participate in 2 EIC rifle matches on September 26th and 27th, 2015:the Saturday match was a 80 shot match, and Sunday was a 50 shot match.

First of all, both matches where safe and professionally run "across the course" matches.

The group of 39 non-Distinguished shooters on Sunday was the largest ever at FHRPC, and 4 Leg Medals were given out! There was a nice awards ceremony after each match.

About the awards...Maryland has VERY restrictive gun laws compaired to Ohio. Along with a laminated certificate to winners in each catagory, FHRPC gave them a stripped AR-15 LOWER RECIEVER with there own cool logo engraved on it! :D
That's a lot better than a plaque, and shows a lot of "backbone" by the leadership of FHRPC, in my opinion! 8)
Maybe other clubs will follow there lead?

One young man went Distinguished because of this match. Congradulations to him! As his photo was taken and award was given, he was hit from behind with a 5 gallon cooler of water! THAT should be a good photo.

This has got to be the most efficiantly laid out range I have ever seen. Especially considering it is between 2 hills!

Ft. Hill Rifle & Pistol Club: A very memorable time for both of us. We will be back.

Here is a link to there website: http://www.fhrpc.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.