Columbus Meet, Greet, and Eat, September 9 2015

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: Columbus Meet, Greet, and Eat, September 9 2015

Post by Chuck »

A great time was had by all,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
BobK

Post by BobK »

I had a nice time visiting with dear friends, both old and new. I was disappointed, at first, that circumstances prevented Tweed Ring from joining us. However, a leisurely and relaxed lunch with TR today was also a terrific time.

One highlight? Me sitting beside evan price while I am frantically trying to post "IBTL" before he was able to get the thread locked. When my darn phone autocorrected me, I thought I was done for, but was able to slip across the finish line in time. 8)

Other highlights include riding to dinner with techguy85 and getting to know him and sharing a meal with mustang380gal. And I would be remiss if I didn't also express my appreciation for seeing old friends buckeye43210 and Chuck (and Patti!).
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Prior to our lunch yesterday, I had never met Bob K.

When we talked on the phone, prior to our meeting, I asked how I would recognize him? He said he would be wearing an Ohio State University shirt. I admonished him by saying just about everyone in Columbus wears some form of OSU shirt on a daily basis. He replied his OSU shirt would have the word “Pistol” on it.

I thought he was shining me on. When he arrived, he was indeed wearing the only OSU shirt I have ever seen with the word “Pistol” emblazoned on it.

Smart guy – nice guy.
BobK

Post by BobK »

TR, I limited myself to the shirt because I thought adding the hat would be overkill. Besides, I am of the generation that had a mother firmly insisting that hats not be worn indoors. :lol:

Enjoyed meeting you - you were as entertaining and interesting as I expected!
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Same here. USAF drills it into your head pretty well also that covers are to be removed when entering a building.
BobK wrote:TR, I limited myself to the shirt because I thought adding the hat would be overkill. Besides, I am of the generation that had a mother firmly insisting that hats not be worn indoors. :lol:
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.