2015 Party In The Park

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

2015 Party In The Park

Post by schmieg »

OFCC is pleased to announce that this year's Party In The Park will be held at Liberty Park in Powell, Ohio, on Saturday, August 15. As in the past, the planned time is from 11:00 to 4:00 with lunch starting at 11:30 and planned speakers beginning around 1:00.

Our guest speaker this year will be hickock45 of YouTube fame. We will also have other speakers, including some political personages and our own Werz, a county prosecutor who most of us know from the forums if not personally.

There will be door prizes including some firearms and no one has gone away hungry from one of these events.

The cost this year will be $20 per person with children under 16 free. You can buy tickets at the link on the main webpage. Please try to buy your tickets early to make it easier for us to make sure we have enough food and drink for everyone.

OFCC does not make a profit on this and we try to break even. This event is provided for our membership and followers as a celebration of our accomplishments and to provide information as to legal changes and planned legislative and other activities. It's also a lot of fun and a good chance to meet those you've communicated with online for the past year(s).

Hoping to see you all there.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
pirateguy191

Re: 2015 Party In The Park

Post by pirateguy191 »

hickock45? Very cool.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

8/15 - on d calendar..
Thank you!
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

Thanks for the heads up, I'll make sure to not go out of town that day. I'd like to make some donations for door prizes. 8)
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

wkdravenna wrote:Thanks for the heads up, I'll make sure to not go out of town that day. I'd like to make some donations for door prizes. 8)
You can PM me if you want to take care of this before hand or just bring them to the picnic. However, if you are donating a gun or something that will require a FFL, please coordinate that with us in advance.

Thanks for your support. We really appreciate it.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

I'll be donating some guns yes... Bubble guns. :lol: as per usual.

Something tells me the FFL will roll his eyes.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

wkdravenna wrote:I'll be donating some guns yes... Bubble guns. :lol: as per usual.

Something tells me the FFL will roll his eyes.
Never know what the ATF will start requiring.
-- Mike

Curzyk

Post by Curzyk »

Hickock45? Well that just sweetens the deal! I look forward to seeing you all again, even if I still don't know like 99.5% of you. :-)
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Not only added to my calendar, tickets purchased for me and Mrs. JustaShooter. Looking forward to the gun drawing... :mrgreen:
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

In speaking with Hickok45, he was asking what we might want him to speak on at PITP. I told him I would put it out to the forums to get some ideas.

If this conversation starts to derail the thread too much, I may create a new topic and move it over to that.

He plans to speak for about 10-15 minutes, and then we will likely set him up at a table for a meet and greet style. He and his son John will both be in attendance.
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Stryker74 wrote:In speaking with Hickok45, he was asking what we might want him to speak on at PITP. I told him I would put it out to the forums to get some ideas.

If this conversation starts to derail the thread too much, I may create a new topic and move it over to that.

He plans to speak for about 10-15 minutes, and then we will likely set him up at a table for a meet and greet style. He and his son John will both be in attendance.
Just wish we could have the event someplace where he could let his guns do the talking. :)

I suppose he could share his experiences with concealed carry gear, ways to practice, etc. If he isn't an Ohioan he wouldn't be all that dialed into our state politics anyhow, right? Let him talk handguns and related equipment.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

Hickock45 is a school teacher, I don't know if it would be right to get his thoughts on school carry ?
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

Tickets purchased for myself & guest.. My wife has been traveling so much lately for work, I don't know if she'll be available.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

This is on a saturday that means no carmen. :) :D :mrgreen:
Black Rifles Matter
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

steves 50de wrote:This is on a saturday that means no carmen. :) :D :mrgreen:
That should take 30 minutes off the drive for those coming from the northeast.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.