NRA Annual Meetings - 2015

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

NRA Annual Meetings - 2015

Post by Stryker74 »

They are in Nashville this year - so no day trip like Indy was for some.

Hotels are going through the roof - I checked a Knights Inn that was normally $58/night, but jumped to $180/night during the meetings. I did find a Days Inn that was about 20 miles north that was a decent rate ($59/night).

I am not sure - part of me wants to go and see some of Nashville while I am there. But, I keep thinking that Louisville (2016 location) is half the distance - and I can make a long day trip out of that one if I need/want to.

Anyone else thinking of going to Nashville?
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JediSkipdogg

Re: NRA Annual Meetings - 2015

Post by JediSkipdogg »

I thought about it but decided against it as two weeks after that I'll be going to Phoenix and San Diego (half work, half vacation) and don't have the funding for Nashville. I figured since I hit Indy last year there was no need for Nashville right now.

I will be attending Louisville next year and probably booking my hotel around November. I thought about driving down each day, but it's been over a decade since I've been to Louisville and figure I might explore the city some.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Booked a room using Aribnb a couple months ago for $60.00 a night. not going to pay those inflated hotel room rates. we're about 10 mins from the convention center, not too bad. Have to book your room way in advance for conventions to dodge the inflated rates.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

I'm going. It's gonna be AWESOME! :)

$30 a night to camp at Nashville KOA! 8)

It will be one awesome road trip!!

Knob Creek Machinegun Shoot is the same weekend, on the way down. http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=82754" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:)
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.