2015 Holiday Meet & Greets

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JediSkipdogg

2015 Holiday Meet & Greets

Post by JediSkipdogg »

OFCC would like to spread the joy this winter and find those interested in various parts of the states to host a Meet and Greet Dinner. It does not take much to plan but we are looking for a contact person around major cities. In short, you need to find a restaurant that can host your group of people, 20-30 probably unless you have some amazing marketing skills. Call or visit the restaurant to make sure they have a seating area off to the side and if you want to allow open carry, make sure you ask that at that time (you may lose some restaurants that way, but your choice). Then just share contact info and keep a roster for who will be attending. If you are interested in being a host for your area send me a message and you can start a thread here as well that won't need to wait for approval. I'll then add all of the locations in this thread.

Make sure you include in your original post..

Location Name:
Location Address:
Date:
Open Carry Approval:
Anything Special:

Also if you would like some OFCC brochures, wallet cards, or NGNM to hand out to attendees send me your address and we can get a bundle together.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Newcomer
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: 2015 Holiday Meet & Greets

Post by Newcomer »

Seems to me as though there are a good many people in the Summit County area on here. Would be nice to try one here.
"You don't have to agree with everything I say...but eventually you'll come to your senses."
http://www.gunauction.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

It would be nice if the various regional events were not all held on the same night or weekend. First OFCC shindig I ever attended was in Toledo, wouldn't mind rubbing elbows with my NW Ohio peeps again sometime. I'd even ponder a visit to (Ugh!) the Youngstown area, as I would like to meet Stu while we're both still on this side of the dirt.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Newcomer wrote:Seems to me as though there are a good many people in the Summit County area on here. Would be nice to try one here.
I don't think I can host, (too much already going on) but I would love to come to one in Summit/Stark/Wayne/Medina County.

If someone wants to do one, please don't pick Dec 12-14 if possible. I work that weekend.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Mustang380gal wrote:If someone wants to do one, please don't pick Dec 12-14 if possible. I work that weekend.
Nothing says it HAS to be held on a weekend evening at all, does it?

What I have learned from throwing various get togethers is that it doesn't matter if you work out a date six months or even a year ahead of time, there will ALWAYS be someone who (claims they) can't make it that day.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Because weekends tend to be so busy, we schedule our political gatherings on Thursday evenings.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Last year we did the cleveland area one at the texas road house at 480 and ridge the food was good and no carry issues,... We all conceal carried. :wink:
Black Rifles Matter
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dl1911 »

steves 50de wrote:Last year we did the cleveland area one at the texas road house at 480 and ridge the food was good and no carry issues,... We all conceal carried. :wink:
And they just opened back up after a fire!
Dale
1911 & IDPA Fan(atic), SIG Fan, and fan of less common calibers
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

dl1911 wrote:
steves 50de wrote:Last year we did the cleveland area one at the texas road house at 480 and ridge the food was good and no carry issues,... We all conceal carried. :wink:
And they just opened back up after a fire!
If their is any interest again this year someone can suggest a date.
Black Rifles Matter
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

The cleveland meet and greet is friday night DEC 19 ,.... 6 pm at the texas roadhouse at ridge rd and 480, located in ridge park square in front of lowes . Please post if you think you are coming .
Black Rifles Matter
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

steves 50de wrote:The cleveland meet and greet is friday night DEC 19 ,.... 6 pm at the texas roadhouse at ridge rd and 480, located in ridge park square in front of lowes . Please post if you think you are coming .
I think I should be there.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I'm certainly not going if Steve will be there..

OK, I changed my mind, I'll be there....I can drive if anyone wants to come along..I promise not to stay in the left lane to long..
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

steves 50de wrote:The cleveland meet and greet is friday night DEC 19 ,.... 6 pm at the texas roadhouse at ridge rd and 480, located in ridge park square in front of lowes . Please post if you think you are coming .
I will plan to attend as well.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
EChryst

Post by EChryst »

I'll be out of town, making the this the third or fourth one in a row I've missed. :?
-Erik
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dl1911 »

Considering I could almost walk there, how could I say no! Count me in for the 19th at 6:00pm. As I recall, last year we ended up with 2 groups as some missed finding the others. Any thoughts on how to avoid that this year?
Dale
1911 & IDPA Fan(atic), SIG Fan, and fan of less common calibers