Help OFCC at Columbus Gun Show Nov 1-2

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Help OFCC at Columbus Gun Show Nov 1-2

Post by Stryker74 »

Once again OFCC will be manning a table at the Westland Mall gun show - the next one is on the weekend of November 1st and 2nd.

The address is 4273 Westland Mall Columbus, OH 43228, and the times are from 9:00am to 5:00pm, Saturday, and 9:00 to 4:00pm Sunday. (Since the time change happens Saturday night, the Sunday folks get to sleep in an extra hour before the show!)

Any and all activists who want to partake in the fun are invited to join us. This is a great opportunity to meet & talk to like minded people, meet some of your fellow OFCC members, and help out an organization that has done a lot to improve our gun rights in Ohio.

We get a lot of people stopping by to ask questions - especially about elections and laws! This is the weekend before we go to the polls to vote - come out and help us spread the word!

Also - admission to the show is free with the exhibitor badges that we get from the show management. That means that if you volunteer for a morning - you can get in before the crowd and check out the vendor tables before the doors open at 9am! This is the start the main gun show season after the long summer break!

If you would like to volunteer, post in this thread, or send me a pm to let us know you can help. We will take any time you can give us!

See you there!!
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Help OFCC at Columbus Gun Show Nov 1-2

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Can we hand out a "Who to vote for" list at the show?
MyWifeSaidYes
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Can we hand out a "Who to vote for" list at the show?
Now that's some good thinkin', Dave.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Can we hand out a "Who to vote for" list at the show?
Technically - no.
All political material must be pre-approved by Show Manager.
http://www.cegunshows.com/ShowInfo/Colu ... fault.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

However, they were more concerned about brass knuckles and spring assisted knives at the last show than anything else. (They had officers roaming the show and checking tables for those.)

I saw "Newbern for Ohio" cards at multiple tables - so I think that so long as that is not our main platform in the show, we can likely provide that information.
Aaron

NRA Range Safety Officer

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

I will be there - unsure if Saturday or Sunday is better for me yet (I've not been told.. :)
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

Aesinsp wrote:I will be there - unsure if Saturday or Sunday is better for me yet (I've not been told.. :)
Either day works for us - we are always happy to have your help Sir!
Aaron

NRA Range Safety Officer

Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

The show is this coming weekend!

We will be talking Ohio politics at the table, in addition to the normal Ohio gun laws discussions. We will have OFCC's list of endorsed candidates, as well as lit on the local 17th district candidate (where the show is located) - Mike Newbern.

Come on out, join us in some good conversations!
Aaron

NRA Range Safety Officer

Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

The show is a few days away!

We can use your help for this weekend's show. Our good friend Chuck is not able to make it this weekend - so I need a stunt mustache to take his place! :lol: :shock:

Free admission to the gun show, and a good time promoting our gun rights (and endorse political candidates)! What more could you ask for, other than a good fried bologna sandwich?

Wait - they serve those at the concession stand, so the weekend will be top notch!

PM me and we can arrange the details.
Aaron

NRA Range Safety Officer

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I can do a few hours on the first part of Sunday.

********************************************************************************
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

Brian D. wrote:I can do a few hours on the first part of Sunday.
That's awesome Brian!

Always glad to have your help!
Aaron

NRA Range Safety Officer

Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Anyone asked MWSY yet?

I wish I could be there, I really do,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Six Shooter

Post by Six Shooter »

Just because I am a glutton for punishment, I will give Westland one more shot.

If, it is as lame as last month, Vances and the online places will be where I spend my money.
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

Six Shooter wrote:Just because I am a glutton for punishment, I will give Westland one more shot.

If, it is as lame as last month, Vances and the online places will be where I spend my money.
Not to sound harsh - but we don't have tables at these shows based on what vendors may be there or what products they have to sell.

We are out there to spread the word, answer questions, and get supporters. We set up tables where we can get volunteers will to help that cause.

--------------------------------

Honestly, there are so many shows that occur - many vendors have to pick and choose which shows they go to. Last time I bought something at that show - it was from Gun Envy. I did that to show my support, because they support OFCC (and gun rights in general).
Aaron

NRA Range Safety Officer

Six Shooter

Post by Six Shooter »

Stryker74 wrote:We are out there to spread the word, answer questions, and get supporters.
You might no longer have anyone to talk to.

$9.00 to get in the door, to a half empty room with things priced over retail. Not very appealing. Good luck though.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Six Shooter does have a point, Stryker. Some of the shows around the state are fair-to-lousy these days.

And no, I don't have any good alternatives to setting up the OFCC table at some of the less-than-stellar venues.