OFCC Announces the 2006 Fun 'n Gun!

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Daniel
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Daniel »

I highly recommend that anyone coming to this event follow glockinfairfield's example and shoot their carry gun.

First, the experience you gain with the gun you are depending on to save your life is invaluable. Second, if your gun is going to fail, it is better that you know about it when it doesn't count! Third, you may discover some other pitfall that makes you reconsider your choice for a defensive firearm.

Sure, you might shoot better with a full sized handgun or tricked out race gun, but saving face at an informal event like this is insignificant when compared to the prospect of not being fully prepared in a real-life self defense situation.
Daniel White
NRA Training Counselor
Northcoast Firearms Training

We must carry arms because we value our lives and those of our loved ones, because we will not be dealt with by force or threat of force, and do not live at the pleasure and discretion of the lawless. - Jeff Snyder
glockinfairfield

Post by glockinfairfield »

Oh, and if you are wondering if you learn a few things at fun 'n' gun, I had John Benner walk up and give me some personal tips on my shooting grip and stance. My accuracy has been better ever since! Thanks, John! That was just one of the many tips I picked up on that day's course. It's a blast, literally! Not to mention getting to shoot an MP5 with a suppressor at day's end (full auto) just was icing on the cake! I need to get signed up before I do a promo piece for this thing! :D
Glocks and Nikons. Is this a great country or what!?
phirehawk

Post by phirehawk »

Will there be another of these (same place - hopefully?) as it's sold out and I really want this sort of training with out flying to Oregon or wherever those places are. A hundred bucks for a day, that's worth it and then some. I need some professional instruction.
- Todd
Daniel
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Daniel »

While we certainly hope to have another one next year, this is not a training event. This is a fun day of shooting where you might pick up a few pointers along the way.

TDI does offer excellent training that I highly recommend. All of the info is available on their website, www.tdiohio.com

I've taken up thru level 5 handgun. I want to finish level six, then start taing some of the other classes offered.
Daniel White
NRA Training Counselor
Northcoast Firearms Training

We must carry arms because we value our lives and those of our loved ones, because we will not be dealt with by force or threat of force, and do not live at the pleasure and discretion of the lawless. - Jeff Snyder
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Phirehawk, TDI has several pistol classes (Levels 1-5) available from about April thru October. You can even combine Levels 1-3 in a single three day weekend.

But the Fun 'n' Gun held in conjunction with OFCC is a once-a-year event, right before TDI's regular schedule kicks off for the season. Several of their instructors donate their time for this special session. Not trying to be presumptious, but I doubt that too many of the TDIor OFCC staff would be willing or able to throw this soiree more often than that!
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
GWC

Post by GWC »

I second Daniel's endorsement of TDI. I've taken handgun 1-5 twice, 6 once, CCW, and several other classes there. The amount of one on one instruction you get from the expert staff is incredible. Most of the "name" schools cost more, are farther away, and have a lot fewer instructors.

I don't think you will find a better value anywhere.