Help OFCC at a Gun Show!

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Help OFCC at a Gun Show!

Post by djmac1964 »

OFCC has been working fervently to raise awareness and support for Ohioans gun rights.
The best way is by meeting people and engaging in conversations with them. We tackle this is by working at gun shows across the state.

I'm still looking for folks who'd love to get involved with our organization! At shows, we educate them as to what OFCC is and what we do. We also want to let people know what we have accomplished for law abiding gun owning Ohioans.

Working a gun show is a chance to reach the masses and explain what we at OFCC do.
You'll have an opportunity to speak to others who have many of the same passions as you pertaining to firearms and related issues.

We (OFCC) need your support to be able to help you.

Sheer numbers speak volumes. By reaching out to others who are unaware of who we are and what we do, you can help make a difference on many levels.

We are continuously working with our legislators, and on litigation, that will hopefully improve our gun rights here in OH. This is something that will definitely affect all of us.

If you are interested, I'm especially looking for motivated people who can be my "Show Leaders" in various parts of the state.
I'll set you up with the materials you'll need while at shows.
Ideally you'd be willing to work both days (Sat./Sun.) at the show. But if you were only able to commit to one day, that would work also.

I'm also looking for "Show Helpers" who will be a support staff to the "Show Leaders".
You're role will be to assist with manning the table. You're day at the show would be as long as you're able to stay and help. It doesn't matter if it is only for a couple of hours, all day, or both days, any time you are willing to donate would be a great help!

Working a show does have some perks. The obvious one is that you get into the show for free.
That means you can get first dibs on what the vendors are selling before the doors officially open at the start of the show.

If you're are interested, please PM me and we can discuss it further.

Thanks!
:mrgreen:
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Help OFCC at a Gun Show! (Revised)

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I've worked these shows as a helper and I can tell you they are entertaining and very informative......You learn a lot.....And you meet people that you would never expect to meet at a gun show......
Besides, if you work one of the shows that Don is leader, he buys breakfast lunch and dinner...... :wink: And a box of ammo for your EDC... :)
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
JonasM

Re: Help OFCC at a Gun Show! (Revised)

Post by JonasM »

I had the pleasure of helping out at a show last November. I'm only sorry that my schedule doesn't allow me to do this more often; it really is fun.
We all hang out on this forum for information and gun talk - where else can you do that and be helping out your fellow owners at the same time?
Free admission to wander the aisles is a nice perk too.
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Help OFCC at a Gun Show!

Post by djmac1964 »

We are two weeks into a new year, and there is a pretty full schedule of gun shows across the state. We currently have crews in place to work shows in a couple of areas, and would like to at least have show leaders in place in a few other areas, so we can have a presence around the rest of the state.

Areas of interest,
Dayton
Youngstown
Akron
Toledo

Well you get the idea. Once I have a show leader in place, the helpers usually step up. If you are in an area that I have not mentioned, and would like to help out at a show in your area, let me know. I would love to have the entire state covered! there are still plenty of gun owners, and CHL holders out there that have never heard of OFCC, and we need YOUR help to make them aware.
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

djmac1964 wrote:We are two weeks into a new year, and there is a pretty full schedule of gun shows across the state. We currently have crews in place to work shows in a couple of areas, and would like to at least have show leaders in place in a few other areas, so we can have a presence around the rest of the state.

Areas of interest,
Dayton
Youngstown
Akron
Toledo

Well you get the idea. Once I have a show leader in place, the helpers usually step up. If you are in an area that I have not mentioned, and would like to help out at a show in your area, let me know. I would love to have the entire state covered! there are still plenty of gun owners, and CHL holders out there that have never heard of OFCC, and we need YOUR help to make them aware.
I will add - if someone wants to get Dayton started, I will help get you rolling that first weekend. It's worth a drive to come out and spend a Saturday in Dayton if it means we get another show going.
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

Folks, these show are an opportunity for you to get involved, and it is working toward the greater good. By volunteering to help at a gun show, you are helping to make people aware of OFCC, and where, and how, to stay informed about the CHL laws, and gun laws in general.

You may ask, how is that working toward a greater good? When people are informed, they tend to not do stupid things that affect us all. And by drumming up support for OFCC, you are helping us increase our membership numbers, which gives us a greater voice at the state house, and helps to fund our legislative efforts as well.

So I ask you to please take these things into consideration, and think about becoming an OFCC volunteer. It doesn't necessarily have to be this weekend, but I hope to see some of your smiling faces in the future! Oh, did I forget to mention, you may actually have fun hanging out at the table, and interacting with like minded folks, I usually do. :wink:
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member

djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

djmac1964 wrote:Still plenty of shows that we would like to have a presence at. Take a look at the schedule, and let me know if you would like to get involved.
UPDATED SCHEDULE for 2014

Dayton Hara Arena;
Mar 22/23
Apr 5/6
May 3/4
June 7/8
July 12/13
Aug 2/3
Sept 6/7
Oct 11/12
Nov 15/16
Dec 20/21

Dayton Vandalia;
Nov 29/30

Sharonville;
June 28/29
Oct 4/5 (All other Sharonville shows are sold out, and I have to imagine that these soon will be as well.)

Westland Mall, Columbus;
Mar 1/2
Apr 5/6
May 3/4
June 14/15
Sept 6/7
Oct 4/5
Nov 1/2
Dec 6/7 & 27/28

Wilmington, Roberts Center;
Aug 9/10
Dec 20/21

Medina;
Mar 15/16
Apr 12/13
June 21/22
Sept 6/7
Oct 11/12
Nov 15/16
Dec 13/14

Akron;
Mar 22/23
Sept 27/28
Oct 26/26
Dec 6/7

Berea;
Mar 1/2
Apr 26/27
July 12/13
Aug 16/17
Oct 18/19
Nov 22/23

Niles;
Apr 5/6
Oct 4/5
Nov 1/2
Dec 20/21

Dalton;
Feb 22/23

If you are not sure what is involved in representing OFCC at a gun show, read the first post i this thread, or get in contact with me, and I will give you the info you need.

Thanks!
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member

djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

I've went through and cleaned this thread up a bit, to make it easier for people to see whats going on, without having to wade through 4 pages of posts.
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member

djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

As most should already know, Stryker74 has officially taken over as the new Gun Show Coordinator. I would like to say thanks for the support, and help I received from all the volunteers while I was doing the job, and I hope everyone continues to support Stryker74, and OFCC, by helping out at the gun shows when you can!

For the record, i am not going anywhere, just doing a little more behind the scenes, and I will continue to work the shows when I am able.

Thanks!
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member

steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

djmac1964 wrote:As most should already know, Stryker74 has officially taken over as the new Gun Show Coordinator. I would like to say thanks for the support, and help I received from all the volunteers while I was doing the job, and I hope everyone continues to support Stryker74, and OFCC, by helping out at the gun shows when you can!

For the record, i am not going anywhere, just doing a little more behind the scenes, and I will continue to work the shows when I am able.

Thanks!
Darn and i thought we would'nt have to see your mug anymore. :lol: :wink:
Black Rifles Matter
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

steves 50de wrote:
djmac1964 wrote:As most should already know, Stryker74 has officially taken over as the new Gun Show Coordinator. I would like to say thanks for the support, and help I received from all the volunteers while I was doing the job, and I hope everyone continues to support Stryker74, and OFCC, by helping out at the gun shows when you can!

Thanks!
Sorry, you can't get rid of me that easy! :mrgreen:
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member

Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

djmac1964 wrote:
steves 50de wrote:

Thanks!
Sorry, you can't get rid of me that easy! :mrgreen:
Don who? :mrgreen:

Thanks to djmac1964 for all of his help in getting these shows going. I am hoping to use the summer gun show hiatus to see if we can get some more shows going.

For the teams working the existing shows - a great big thanks for all you do to support OFCC at this shows. I look forward to working together, and I will certainly be working on getting out to some of the established shows later this year.
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
chris448

Post by chris448 »

I will be helping at the Summit County Gun Show at the fairgrounds.
I am available both Sat. and Sun. Loved helping out at medina and look forward to helping this Sept.
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

chris448 wrote:I will be helping at the Summit County Gun Show at the fairgrounds.
I am available both Sat. and Sun. Loved helping out at medina and look forward to helping this Sept.
Thank you Chris, and welcome to OFCC!
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member

synack2

Post by synack2 »

Are you still needing people or a person for Dayton. I am in Springfield, I would be interested. I helped at a couple back in 2012. I don't know if I can be a leader, because with my job I cannot Guarantee I can be at every single show or there on Both Days, but I can be at 95 percent of them
Carry everyday everywhere you legally can. I carry a Ruger LCP2 or a Glock 42. Find me on YouTube as FrugalPrepper