NW Ohio OFCC Volunteers Needed October 21/22nd

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

NW Ohio OFCC Volunteers Needed October 21/22nd

Post by jgarvas »

Ohioans For Concealed Carry is looking for a few good people who would like to help us fill in some staffing gaps at the Bill Goodman Gun Show in Sylvania, Ohio October 21st and 22nd at the Sylvania Sports & Expo Center! (GRAND OPENING!)

We have about half of the slots filled but we need a few more good people that weekend.

We are specifically looking for existing members who have a solid understanding of the concealed carry law, a good idea on where HB347 stands (we can help you with that to an extent), familiarity with the litigation we're involved with, and someone who is willing to volunteer on behalf of the OFCC PAC and distribute voter guides. A high post count on the forums will help us get a better idea of your knowledge of the law too ;-)

The right individual will be out going and even so inclined to stand in front of the table and hand our voter guide to people walking past the table. You will also be dealing with money as we accept donations and memberships at these booths. We're specifically looking for responsible people who can send that money and those memberships back to OFCC for prompt processing.

This specific show is significant because it is in the 6th District Court of Appeals and the OFCC Voter Guide has an endorsement and an "anti-endorsement" for two of the judges in the Beatty decision.

This is also the very first Bill Goodman show in Northwest Ohio, and the turn out should be somewhat significant. This is the last opportunity to get a large number of voter guides out to voters, and to introduce a whole slew of people to Ohioans For Concealed Carry, these forums, and all that OFCC has to offer.

Can you help us out for a few hours that weekend?

Bill Goodman shows are very well known for having tables staffed all weekend. The organizers do not respond lightly to someone not showing up (they'll pull your registration for future shows) and they do not allow vendors to "leave early" on Sunday.

Therefor, we need responsible people who can stay at the show for their assigned shift. If you know a buddy who would come along for your shift BRING THEM and you two can take turns walking around the show. Volunteers will get free entry if they work 1/2 a day minimum. We'll buy your ticket if we have to.

If you're interested, and especially if you're interested in helping us at this show on and off as it is scheduled by the Goodman folks, I would like to hear from you personally via email. My first name at ofcc.net is where you can reach me, or click on the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of OhioCCW.org and pick my name out of the pull down list.

Thanks! :-)
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.