Camp Perry commercial row

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

muxtech

Camp Perry commercial row

Post by muxtech »

Since Camp Perry is only 45 minutes away, I ran out there this afternoon. I caught the tail end of the .45 cal. pistol competition. I mostly wanted to check out vendors row. There was quite a bit of stuff there. Armalite, Springfield, Rock River, Fin-Feather-Fur, to name only a few. It was a beautiful day. I thought I'd share.

There actually were people there. I shot this later, it had died down.

Many cases of pistols inside. M1A's too.

The Armalite room was sweet! Camp Perry specials.

No picture does the trophy room justice.

Shooters Plaza looking north toward the ranges. (Post match.)

The CMP store closed at 4:00, so I give you the barracks, AKA, the "FEMA Camp". :wink: :lol:
The barracks are actually featured in this year's National Match logo.
Last edited by muxtech on Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:18 pm, edited 7 times in total.
The British are going! The British are going!
Shaolin_dragon

Re: Camp Perry commercial row

Post by Shaolin_dragon »

Nice! I drive by camp Perry each time we go to Michigan. I must say, from the outside, it doesnt seem a whole helluva lot going on, but having never been inside, its probably a huge place with a lot more activity.
Plus it probably doesnt help that when we go to Mi, there isnt anything being held there :?

A few friends of mine have been to some of the shooting matches there. I have to get myself more into the action shooting, rather than just plinking at a range..but as they say..basic practice is better than no practice.
I carry, because I care!
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

:lol: If you ever stop at Camp Perry, you'll see why it doesn't look like "anything is going on" when you simply look at the entrance from SR-2. :lol:
It's on a pretty l-a-r-g-e piece of property and most of what it up near the highway is unused... just "buffer" space.

You might consider stopping sometime... heck, if there is someone at the guard shack, just tell them that you'd like to talk a walk out on the pier and that you are interested in the High Power rifle matches and you'd like to get a look at the ranges. The ranges are awe-inspiring.

There won't be anyone on commercial row outside of the scheduled matches, but you can always stop by the base just to get a look at the place.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dl1911 »

Gotta ask. Did you notice if there were any of the new Springfield XDm 5.25s for sale?
Dale
1911 & IDPA Fan(atic), SIG Fan, and fan of less common calibers
shooterwolf

Post by shooterwolf »

muxtech wrote:Since Camp Perry is only 45 minutes away, I ran out there this afternoon. I caught the tail end of the .45 cal. pistol competition. I mostly wanted to check out vendors row. There was quite a bit of stuff there. Armalite, Springfield, Rock River, Fin-Feather-Fur, to name only a few. It was a beautiful day. I thought I'd share.

The Armalite room was sweet! Camp Perry specials.

I was on vendors row Wed. morning. Armalite and RockRiver both had great prices on their NM rifles, RR threw in a little more gear so they got my money. Bought some Nosler 77 grain bthp's and a jug of Reloader 15 from Fin-Feather-Fur, I'll try that combo out this weekend.

My wife was a little surprised when I got home, I had told her; "I was going to spend the day at the beach". :lol:

S.W.
BlueMR2

Post by BlueMR2 »

I'm planning on heading over to check it out tomorrow. Unfortunately, I don't have any money to spare, so I won't be able to bring home any toys. :-(
Glock Rock

Post by Glock Rock »

Anyone been, or going this year?
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Ted is taking two daughters to rifle SAFS on the 22-23. He is planning to check out commercial row.

I have to work that entire weekend. :cry:
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

I may go up for first shot ceremony, help with the Civil War cannon and watch the rest of the opening ceremonies. Supposed to be fantastic with a flyover of WWII planes and a strafing of shots from the planes.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Birdman

Post by Birdman »

Me and my group just finished the Rimfire Sporter match. We brought home lots of medals and our young Appeseed young lady brought home a nice plaque for High Junior, Tactical Class. Lots of powder and .22 ammo at vendor's row....more than I have seen in years!
“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people’s minds”-Sam Adams

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
- Mark Twain, Notebook, 1935
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

Going to SAFS-Pistol today. :)
Taking 2 of my kids. Always a good time! My 16 yr old might record a video for Youtube. If he does, I will post a link.

http://thecmp.org/competitions/cmp-nati ... g-schools/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
Glock Rock

Post by Glock Rock »

Anyone visit this year yet?
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

''Anyone visit this year yet?''

Opps didn't look at previous posting dates. So THAT'S why the SAFS doesn't appear on this years schedule for 22nd-23rd :P

In answer, no. In fact I cannot find the vendor's row section on the CMP website ( :?: ) as I plan on going to P Clinton to visit friends, and conveniently hop over to V row for some powder 8) deals
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member