USPSA June 11th

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ampleworks

Post by ampleworks »

Yes, you may shoot with IWB holsters.

More information about Production division and general rules is available at http://www.uspsa-area5.org/home/modules ... w_Shooters

Also on the site is listings of clubs in OH, KY, WV, IN, IL, MI, and WI along with major matches.
mcb

Post by mcb »

I believe I was the RO for that group of new shooters. I even had to ask one of the other RO's about the IWB holster as I had never seen anyone use one in USPSA and wanted to make sure it was legal. Learn new things all the time.

The stages were great this weekend. I really like shooting the drop turners. Stage two with the two US poppers at 35 yard and then all the running and gunning at the four 3 IPCS-target arrays was a lot of fun. I like stages with lots of movement. The hard cover over the top center of the Texas Star made that part of stage three very interesting. I have been shooting at Crooked Creek since last April and I would have to say that it was probably one of the better matches the club has put together. From the response we got I think we will being using the moving targets on stages a lot this summer.

As a Springfield XD shooter I was also pleased to see several other XD shooters there. I think I saw four other guys shooting XD's this weekend. Now if we can just get a few more revolver guys there we will be all set.

mcb
PAJOHNOHIO
User Requested Deactivation

Post by PAJOHNOHIO »

mcb wrote:I believe I was the RO for that group of new shooters. I even had to ask one of the other RO's about the IWB holster as I had never seen anyone use one in USPSA and wanted to make sure it was legal. Learn new things all the time.

The stages were great this weekend. I really like shooting the drop turners. Stage two with the two US poppers at 35 yard and then all the running and gunning at the four 3 IPCS-target arrays was a lot of fun. I like stages with lots of movement. The hard cover over the top center of the Texas Star made that part of stage three very interesting. I have been shooting at Crooked Creek since last April and I would have to say that it was probably one of the better matches the club has put together. From the response we got I think we will being using the moving targets on stages a lot this summer.

As a Springfield XD shooter I was also pleased to see several other XD shooters there. I think I saw four other guys shooting XD's this weekend. Now if we can just get a few more revolver guys there we will be all set.

mcb
I just bought the Miculek Smith Revolver in 45 ACP, just haven't had to courage to shoot it out there in competition.
<i>"You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall."</i> <b>-A Few Good Men-</b>
mcb

Post by mcb »

PAJOHNOHIO wrote: I just bought the Miculek Smith Revolver in 45 ACP, just haven't had to courage to shoot it out there in competition.
No courage required, just grab some moon clips and that revolver and bring it out. I started shooting revolver this winter and love it. We have another shooter that regularly comes to our matches that is a A classified revolver shooter and I have learned a lot from him. Best way to get good with that is to just shoot it.

mcb
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

mcb wrote:I believe I was the RO for that group of new shooters. I even had to ask one of the other RO's about the IWB holster as I had never seen anyone use one in USPSA and wanted to make sure it was legal. Learn new things all the time.
Back when I was young and skinny and good looking, I used to shoot IPSC (yeah, yeah, in the old Matchlock League...:?). I always used an IWB holster with IWB mag pouches. What is the point of shooting with gear that you're never going to use on the street? A lot of the cops and deputies who shot with us would use their duty gear -- same reasoning.

The gamesmen have ruined that shooting sport until it is no longer a proving ground for practical pistol training. Unfortunately IDPA seems to go too far in the other direction -- forbidding usable items and techniques if they clash with the approved ideology.

Oh, well, a day spent shooting with friends is a good day... :D
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
mcb

Post by mcb »

TunnelRat wrote: The gamesmen have ruined that shooting sport until it is no longer a proving ground for practical pistol training. Unfortunately IDPA seems to go too far in the other direction -- forbidding usable items and techniques if they clash with the approved ideology.

Oh, well, a day spent shooting with friends is a good day... :D
I don't think gamesman have ruined the sport, they simply have simply transformed it from a training tool to a true competitive "sport". The gun handling skills are still the same, fast reloads, using the sights and safe gun handling skill cross the boundary between the sport USPSA and real world carry. Certainly the stage layout and equipment are often a far cry from realistic.

That said I do really like the "sport" of it. Yah its not real work self-defense training and although it stems and has roots there it is now a sport. Just like fencing spawned from real sword fighting modern fencing techniques would not work if the weapons were real. Fencing has become a sport and left its real world aspect behind. USPSA IMHO is the much the same, it has roots in fighting for real with a handgun but has become a sport.

And a day spent shooting with friends is always a good day!
mcb
GWC

Post by GWC »

Sunday was my first ipsc experience. I used my carry gun and the same mag holders I use when I train. I stuck as much as I could to things I might do in a gun fight, so it was less artificial than it could be, at least for me.

I have no intention of using race guns and gear that would be impractical in the street. That said, if anybody else wants to do that, its fine with me.

I play airsoft every weekend, and my team tries to stick to real world tactics, but it has its own artificial aspects. However, its great force on force training. I have also used airsoft for more formal force on force training. Its great for that too.

Any day out shooting is better than a day at work.
ScottyPotty
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by ScottyPotty »

I just got Sunday results....I took 9th out of 21 in my class(production)...........I guess its not too bad for my first time. I made a lot of mistakes :? I think I will have another go at it.... 8)
A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader. Samuel Adams
mcb

Post by mcb »

{breaking his own arm patting himself on the back :D :lol: }

I took high overall! That the first time I have ever won high overall. The best part is I did it will my L-10 gun. I'm sure if there were more Open guys (only four open shooters, on junior, two senior) there I would not have take high overall but still I was shooting really good that match. I won L-10 and Revolver all be it there was just two of us in revovler. It was a great match with some great stages.

mcb
ScottyPotty
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by ScottyPotty »

MCB
As a Springfield XD shooter I was also pleased to see several other XD shooters there. I think I saw four other guys shooting XD's this weekend.
What cal. is your XD? What kinda stuff have you done to it? just wondering thanks.
A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader. Samuel Adams
mcb

Post by mcb »

ScottyPotty wrote:MCB
As a Springfield XD shooter I was also pleased to see several other XD shooters there. I think I saw four other guys shooting XD's this weekend.
What cal. is your XD? What kinda stuff have you done to it? just wondering thanks.

I'm shooting and XD-40 Tactical. I have made the following modification to it.

-Don's Guide Rod (check www.pistolgear.com)
-16# Recoil Spring
-Canyon Creek Extended Mag Release
-Custom Magazine Well
-Combination of Decal Grip and some extra skateboard grip tape
-A variety of Custom made extra thick base pads

Flexmoney

Post by Flexmoney »

[quote="mcb]
I took high overall! That the first time I have ever won high overall.
mcb[/quote]

Way to go! :)
Kyle F.
USPSA Board of Directors - Area 5
RonT

Post by RonT »

PA,
You have mail....
R
PAJOHNOHIO
User Requested Deactivation

Post by PAJOHNOHIO »

RonT wrote:PA,
You have mail....
R
Replied
<i>"You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall."</i> <b>-A Few Good Men-</b>