OFCC's Fun 'n Gun II

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Roy C

Post by Roy C »

In addition to all the good advice you have so far,
I would add to drop a few snacks into your range bag.

The lunch is good but there are several hours before
and after with a lot of walking that might require a little
refueling to the ole internal digestion engine.

Also, bring your camera.

Roy
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by jgarvas »

I highly recommend one of these for whatever specific magazine you have:

http://www.pistoleer.com/hks/magazine/

The magazine 'locks" into the loader at the base. Bring some hockey tape because you'll put it on your fingers anyway. This speed loader "pivots" with your thumb. I wore one of these out at TDI 4/5.

hiker wrote:Great info for new guys like me - Thanks Brian! Oh yeah, thanks GWC for the mag loader reminder - I'd been meaning to order some of these: http://www.magloader.com/index.htm Looks like a simple thumb-saver. Think I'll print the order form & mail it off tomorrow. Really looking forward to the event!

edit: Just saw your tip Ironjacko about the rubber finger "things." I'll have to see if I can find one of those & give that a try.
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.
phirehawk

Post by phirehawk »

Boo, sold out... C'mon, isn' t there room for one more? :wink:
- Todd
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Just a bump: We're less than three weeks away from this event. Been picking up a few extra magazines for the guns I plan on taking--would much rather spend my time out there pulling the trigger as opposed to topping off the mags. And bring "too much" ammo rather than not enough! :D
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
pniemeyer
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pniemeyer »

Brian D. wrote:And bring "too much" ammo rather than not enough! :D
Isn't "too much ammo" an oxymoron? :lol:
XDShooter
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by XDShooter »

Thanks everyone for the advice.
I'm a beginner and this style of shooting will be the first time for me so I'm kind of nervous.

I practiced shooting in the rain and wind at my club range the other day. The wind was pushing my XD sideways while I was aiming....weird!

Can I bring my cross-country skis if it snows? :lol:

Tom
Springfield XD-40 Service
Taurus Millenium Pro PT-140
Suzuki GSX-R750
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I was reminded the other day by a TDI/OFCC staffer to encourage folks attending to bring a folding chair/campstool to tote around to the various areas of the range, otherwise there's a lot of time spent standing up!

(I sure hope the weather is better in 13 days than the snow that is currently predicted for a few hours from now! :evil: )
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
hiker

Post by hiker »

Bring your raingear! Weather.com is currently showing rain & 60 degrees for Friday through next Tuesday. Yeah, this is Ohio and that forcast can change in the next five days, but maybe not. So bring your poncho/rain suit and don't forget a trash bag for your range bag. :D

6 days & counting
XDShooter
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by XDShooter »

hiker wrote:Bring your raingear! Weather.com is currently showing rain & 60 degrees for Friday through next Tuesday. Yeah, this is Ohio and that forcast can change in the next five days, but maybe not. So bring your poncho/rain suit and don't forget a trash bag for your range bag. :D

6 days & counting
Thanks for the bag tip....

Do we pick up our own brass after shooting?

Tom
Springfield XD-40 Service
Taurus Millenium Pro PT-140
Suzuki GSX-R750
GWC

Post by GWC »

Pick it up if you want it for reloading, but they pretty much let it stay where it falls. Locals come and pick it up for recycling to make a few bucks, so its no big deal.
eljay45

Post by eljay45 »

Do we pick up our own brass after shooting?

[/quote]

These events are generally considered "lost brass" matches. You may be able to pick up some brass if you want it but I wouldn't count on it. No one will be required to pick up any of it.We have 55 minutes at each station so our main concern will doing as much shooting as possible.