IDPA Locations

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

IDPA Locations

Post by MeanStreaker »

Are there any locations in SW Ohio that hold IDPA (or similar) matches? I thought I ran across a thread once that had my answer, but a search couldn't find it.

In order to shoot, do you have to be a member of IDPA, or can you just show up?
Last edited by MeanStreaker on Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Closest two are just north of Oxford on Brown Rd. (Izaac Walton club) and Clinton Co. Farmers and Sportmens butt'n south of Wilmington.

Oxford's event is normally the 2nd Sunday of the month, though they're shut down 'til March or so.) CCFSA uses the 3rd Sunday, and I hear they're going year-round.

IDPA has a site with more info, and CCFSA can be found on the Internet as well.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Flexmoney

Post by Flexmoney »

There are USPSA/IPSC matches in your area as well.

Indoors, they are shooting at Sim-Trainer.

Other matches at:

Oxford
Miamisburg
Milford
Kyle F.
USPSA Board of Directors - Area 5
Jeremiahm

CCFSA IDPA matches

Post by Jeremiahm »

There is a change at Clinton County Farmer's and Sportsmen Association for this summer. Due to the recent advent of picking up SASA Cowboy Action matches at the club:

IDPA Matches are being rescheduled to the 1st Sunday of each month commencing in April 2006. Please note that IDPA matches for February and March 2006 will still be held on the 3rd Sunday of the month.

Check us out online at ccfsa.com

Jeremiah
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Thanks for the update Jeremiah! BTW folks, that's a nice gun club CCFSA has up there. It's about 5 miles south of Wilmington if anybody in the SW Ohio area is looking for agood "full service" shooting facility, including archery as well as firearms.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Jeremiahm

Thanks for the Plug!

Post by Jeremiahm »

Hey Brian, thanks for the compliment.

Right now, CCFSA is jumping into SASS shooting full tilt starting next month. All winter, we have had a brand new indoor archery facility in which we have ran three seperate six week leagues. We've saw 62 league entries in the indoor leagues. The SASS shoots should bring just as many new people to the club. Add these two venues to all the other stuff we have to offer, and you can just about find everything you need at ccfsa. The only thing we are short is sporting clays, but we have five stand. We have IDPA, Three Gun, High Power Rifle, American Skeet, International Skeet, Trap, 3d Archery, Fishing, Camping, Active 4H Program in rifle/pistol/archery/shotgun, and now SASS and Indoor Archery. I guess you could call that "full service."

By the way, Brian, we still have some shirts for you and your buddies. We haven't forgot about it. We also just got a few hundred new Bowling Pins, so we'll be shooting them sometime this year. After I get the indoor archery done for the year, I'll try to get some pin matches together. I'll keep you guys posted. I still have Keith's email address.

Later, Jeremiah