Killing time before the Fun and Gun.

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Killing time before the Fun and Gun.

Post by OldManTod »

Ok folks - I have slept all of four hours since Sunday night - I can't wait for this weekend - between getting MammaSan away from the kids and shooting guns - what more could you want?

Anyway - as I sit here three days before the big event, loading up magazines, cleaning and re-cleaning, loading up bags, etc. - I have to find something to kill time. That said, between now and Monday morning (in which everybody and their mother will be looking for updates from the event) I thought I would start a thread for the (cue the Little Mermaid song) "Poor Unfortunate Souls" who cannot participate.

Its pretty easy - take some pix of you and your gear getting ready - take some pix of your trip down - some pix of setup on sat - (pix from Sat night are going to unavailable based upon content - however any "good pix" will be retained for future negotiation leverage) - shooting on Sunday - maybe your ride home and post them up here.

Tips: Photobucket is an online hosting site - easy to use and you can edit pix on the fly - image size here must be 640x480 - photos should be in good taste (this is where you will most likely encounter the Nexus of the universe - this occurs when a Moderator Moderates a Moderator that has been voted on by Moderators).

I have pix I will post up tomorrow, but for the weekend, I am planning to have my laptop and will post stuff up as time allows - yes, folks that means that there may be the potential for the inmates running free this weekend while we are busting our butts to make it successful.

See everybody on Sat!

T
Last edited by OldManTod on Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"I feel sorry for you people who do not drink, when you wake up in the morning, that is as good as you are going to feel all day." - Dean
Scavok

Re: Pictoral Diary of the Big Weekend!!

Post by Scavok »

OldManTod wrote:<snip>

yes, folks that means that there may be the potential for the inmates running free this weekend...

<snip>
:D
My sig line violated TOS so now it is gone...
WBL_2006

Post by WBL_2006 »

I'll keep an eye on the inmates for you OMT :x

I wish I could be there but this is our wedding anniversary weekend.

Be safe all and enjoy!

WBL
johnisaly

Post by johnisaly »

Maybe you could temporarily promote Scavok to Hall Monitor status until Monday morning? Of coarse then there wouldn’t be anything left for you to come back to. :shock:
John in Columbus
"The story you are about to hear is true; the names have been changed to protect the innocent"
jabeatty

Re: Pictoral Diary of the Big Weekend!!

Post by jabeatty »

OldManTod wrote:I have pix I will post up tomorrow, but for the weekend, I am planning to have my laptop and will post stuff up as time allows
What are you using for connectivity? Is there a good EV-DO signal at TDI?
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by OldManTod »

We are going to find out aren't with James... My Dell has a card built into it for that.

With that said - let the fun begin:

She who must be obeyed will be joining us this weekend:

1500 rounds of pure joy:

Extra stuff for an assured fun weekend - have parts will travel:

Toys of choice - I recommend everybody brings extra firearms, just in case:

More pix to come..
"I feel sorry for you people who do not drink, when you wake up in the morning, that is as good as you are going to feel all day." - Dean
muxtech

Post by muxtech »

I'm sorry I can't make it. See you at the PiP. Great Wolf Lodge with the family this weekend. Would love to see the pic's.

Question: When shooting video can the sound of many guns going off damage the microphone and /or camera? How loud is it on tape? Can it damage the playback device? Does Best Buy sell little tiny DVR earmuffs? :D

Have a good time!
The British are going! The British are going!
OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by OldManTod »

Never thought of that - I guess we will find out.. I have taken video of shooting before and came out ok with it, but then again the environment may be different.

For instance: Image - tried tiny url but something is broken.

p.s. As I was looking for that Video - apparently I have met Brian D. - Brian you shot in the opposite group of me last year at one of the XD Shoots at Darby Creek.
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Have fun...I'm not able to attend. And, do me a favor and kick Jake if he carries the Satchel around :)
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

Have fun...I'm not able to attend. And, do me a favor and kick Jake if he carries the Satchel around
I remained "kick" free...not with standing the "plate match" MeanStreaker and I had.

He just nipped me, so to speak, in the rubber match.
:evil:

I'm smellin' a rematch in the future...

:shock:
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Pics and details........

Post by Jake »

NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;