Gunshows in ohio

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Jronjakoh

Gunshows in ohio

Post by Jronjakoh »

Anybody have a list of Gunshows coming up in Ohio For the rest of November and December?

Carry a Kahr! Carry a Glock! but carry. Mines a Mean Star
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Last edited by Cruiser on Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Gunshows in ohio

Post by TunnelRat »

Jronjakoh wrote:Anybody have a list of Gunshows coming up in Ohio For the rest of November and December?
I haven't got a list, but I can tell you that there'll be a PRO gun show at the Westland Mall on Broad street off I-270 (exit 7 east) on November 26 - 27.

They'll have another one in Columbus over New Years (Dec 31 - Jan 1).

They usually run Saturdays 9 - 4 and Sundays 9 - 4.
Entry is $7.00, women and children under 13 get in free.

Whoops! Found it...
PRO wrote:PRO Gun Show -- Westland Mall, Columbus, Ohio
11/26/2005

OUR ANNUAL THANKSGIVING WEEKEND SHOW! PRO Gun Show is set for November 26-27 at Westland Mall in Columbus, Ohio. Admission is $7 (We have been forced to raise the gate fee by $1 due to likely legal action against the City of Columbus).

Ladies, all children under 13, and Life Members of Peoples Rights Organization are admitted free.

Show hours are 9-5 on Saturday, and 9-4 on Sunday.

Pick up your last minute hunting equipment needs before Ohio's deer-gun season starts on Monday, Nov. 28!

For more information, times, and directions, please call 614-523-7759. Vendors seeking table availability should call 614-523-7767.

All net proceeds of every PRO Gun Show help fund community education programs, law enforcement endorsed child safety programs, crime avoidance events for women, and youth education and gun safety training programs.

NOTE: Westland Mall is not within the Columbus city limits, and therefore is not subject to Columbus ordinances.
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
mattswabb

Post by mattswabb »

Jronjakoh

Gun shows

Post by Jronjakoh »

Thanks guys! just what I needed.

Carry a Kahr! Carry a Glock! But carry. Mine is a Mean Star
Hivoltage

Post by Hivoltage »

Looking at these flyers...I am confused. So can anybody tell me when and where is the next gun show in Ohio. Thanks
Highway

Post by Highway »

There's one this weekend in Medina at the Medina County Fairgrounds.
It's one of the bigger ones in the Cleveland area from what I've been told.

December 10 & 11
Saturday 9:00-5:00
Sunday 9:00-3:00
Admission is $5.00
Held at the Medina County Fairgrounds located at
735 Lafayette Rd, Medina, OH 44256
http://www.conraddowdell.com/gun.htm
Last edited by Highway on Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beretta 92FS, Beretta 22LR NEOS, SA XD 9, SA 1911-A1, RRA AR-15, Rem 870 HD, Savage 10FP-LE2
dan_sayers

Post by dan_sayers »

Haven't been to one of these in a while. What are the laws concerning carrying at such an event? Also, do the vendors there accept credit card or is it cash only? I know a few guys that might be interested.
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by jgarvas »

dan_sayers wrote:Haven't been to one of these in a while. What are the laws concerning carrying at such an event? Also, do the vendors there accept credit card or is it cash only? I know a few guys that might be interested.
99% of them are going to prohibit carry because gun show insurance, which isn't exactly offered by everyone, has some strict regulations. The majority of gun shows therefor have a sign prohibiting loaded firearms in a gun show.

Technically, lets face it, it makes sense not to carry loaded in a gun show anyway since you're going to be handling guns left and right. Why introduce a loaded gun into a situation where you're least likely to need it?

As for payment, most FFLs have credit card terminals and cellular phones and most hobby vendors are going to take just cash.
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.
BEAR!

Gun Show this weekend

Post by BEAR! »

There's the Bill Goodman gun show this Saturday and Sunday, at Dayton's Hara Arena.
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
LSC

Post by LSC »

I use this site to see what is coming up.

http://www.gunshows-usa.com/ohio_gun_shows.htm
A Critical Guide To The Second Amendment Glenn Reynolds -62 Tenn. L. Rev. 461-511 (1995)