Fun & Gun 2019 AAR

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Pops Fun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Fun & Gun 2019 AAR

Post by Pops Fun »

Thanks, Ohioan’s for Concealed Carry and the Clinton County Farmers' and Sportsmen's Association, what fun.
Our group had a great time.... A couple are analyzing their time sheets, being a little competitive. I've been to several fun N Guns at TDI. this is definitely as much fun or even better... Shooting out of a car window. Shooting at several moving targets, (I missed the one on a zip line lol). Pop up targets one with a pop up innocent.
It was a blast :D

Steve
Steve

"Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it, have never known it again.".............. Ronald Reagan
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: Fun & Gun 2019

Post by Chuck »

We got rained out on Saturday before we got to the zip line stage, so I didn't get to shoot it, but it looked really cool.
And that pop up "innocent" right in front of the pop up bad guy was awesome.

Back window of the van didn't survive the day.

I take pride in my double taps. I can usually put two holes in the paper pretty close to each other pretty quick.
On that spin drop spin target, I hit the steel, and send two towards the target and felt really good that I drilled it.
When we scored it, I had one dead center and one clean miss for a +5.
That thing was quick!

During the van stage, they told me I had my leg exposed while shooting from cover, and in the next stage, we had to shoot a bad guy's exposed leg, which dropped an IDPA target from cover onto it's side, and then shoot it twice. I could see my shots missing the zero spot so I kept shooting until I had two in the right place.
I personally only got to shoot three stages on Saturday because of the rain, but they all looked great to me.

That place is really nice!
All the pistol bays close and so is the parking so walking is kept to a minimum, and everything is well drained and graveled
Nobody had muddy shoes!
We had six pistol stages plus the BMG and the force on force, which also used the van.
Lunch was ala carte by the club, ham/cheeseburgers, brats, baked beans, potato salad, pasta salad.
I was very impressed, and think we have found a permanent home for this event.
Great people, great place, great time!
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Pops Fun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Fun & Gun 2019 AAR

Post by Pops Fun »

The timing of targets was certainly interesting... hit a steel target which pops up another target which gets covered by another No shoot target,
definitely better and more challenging than the TDI Fun N Gun.
I have to say the people were great!! Talked to the club president for a while nice guy!!

The mystery of the trip, who did kill the back window in the van?? lol

Steve
Steve

"Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it, have never known it again.".............. Ronald Reagan
cromanos
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by cromanos »

Great time, and a really nice facility. And the lessons learned, for me, were the most important thing of all.

Definitely looking forward to doing it again next year!
"THAT RIFLE HANGING ON THE WALL OF THE WORKING-CLASS FLAT OR LABOURER'S COTTAGE, IS THE SYMBOL OF DEMOCRACY. IT IS OUR JOB TO SEE THAT IT STAYS THERE." George Orwell
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

Chuck really covered everything quite well!

"Thanks" to all those that attended. We highly appreciate your support. Some of you have been attending this event for a looooong time. On the plus side, new faces graced us as well.

We hope this event lived up to your expectations. We feel it went great from a shooting event standpoint. No injuries and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves despite a sprinkle. The club's kitchen puts on a great spread at a VERY reasonable price, and in MY book....that's a BIG plus!

The Clinton County Farmers and Sportsmen's Club was incredibly gracious in donating their time, energy and enthusiasm in hosting Fun n Gun. They are a strong advocate and supporter of OFCC and it does NOT, nor should it go unnoticed.

If you live near this facility, you would be doing a disservice to yourself for not considering joining their organization as they have a first rate facility as well as officers who clearly work to make the club as good as they can.

One of our Coordinators was incredibly generous in sharing his 50 cal BMG with us. Many of you took the opportunity to experience it. Impressive is all I can say...just so damn impressive.
Our Coord. is shy and doesn't want to be recognized, so I'll respect that, BUT...I do want to say he is a hellova guy and I'm proud to call him a friend.

2020 Fun n Gun??
What can we say? We're hopeful more will take advantage of the opportunity when it gets here. I'll try to do better in promoting it but am hopeful you all will help spread the word too.
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
popswrench

Post by popswrench »

I also attended the 2019 Fun and Gun! I had a great time, just like the other 6 people in my group did. I enjoyed the targets on a zipline, and the drop and spin as well as the clam shells. I have been to several Fun and Gun events, and I enjoyed this years as much or more than any of them. Thanks OFCC, can not wait for next years event!
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

Glad to hear.

Thanks for the support and feedback.
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;