Looking for Recommendations - Bachelor Party

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

soontobedeity
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Looking for Recommendations - Bachelor Party

Post by soontobedeity »

I have an interesting request. I'm trying to put together a bachelor party for a group of seven or so gentlemen in the Northwest Ohio area. The groom is a firearms enthusiast, so I think it would be fun to find some sort of firearms training course to kick off the day. My other thought would be to rent space at an outdoor range somewhere. In either event, I'd like to get everyone some trigger time before we move on to other, more traditional bachelor party activities. (I would, of course, make arrangements to safely transport and secure all firearms and ammunition before switching gears, and there will be zero alcohol before or during any shooting.)

While all of the guys involved own firearms, they are all over the spectrum in terms of skill and interest. At the one end is a moderately interested young man who just purchased his first pistol, and on the other is a law enforcement professional.

Does anyone know of any reputable trainers who would be willing to work with me to put a class together on relatively short notice (shooting for late April to early/mid-May)? Alternatively, does anyone know of public or private outdoor ranges that I could rent for an afternoon? I'm also open to other ideas or suggestions if anyone has done something like this before. Most of us are in and around the Toledo area, but I would suspect that everyone would be willing to travel if needed.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!
concreteguy

Re: Looking for Recommendations - Bachelor Party

Post by concreteguy »

It may not be what you're looking for but recently my wife got me some range time with a suppressed full auto MK18 for my birthday. Put a big grin on my face for the rest of the day. :D I'm sure there might be a place close to you that rents, if some of you have never hit the happy button before.
dustymedic
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by dustymedic »

i know you're NW, but this place is about 15 minutes east of Columbus. Lots of different packages: http://www.thebulletranch.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Somewhere, Darwin is crying...

Just remember, the largest mass murder in US history was committed with box cutters...
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

Might call this place, it's right down I-75.

https://www.limaohio.com/news/346455/sh ... idersville

"Shooting center opens in Cridersville.
Midwest Shooting Center is now open to the public...The range features 24 shooting lanes spread across three bays, including two 25-yard bays and one 100-yard bay suitable for more powerful firearms up to .50 caliber machine guns..."

..."Training passes are available to law enforcement and the public, including concealed carry classes and courses for beginners.
In each session, ...patrons are fitted with a firearm that shoots a non-lethal projectile.

“We can put them through different scenarios so that their muscle memory is a little more enhanced,”
--------------------------------
Not knocking the Bullet Ranch but this one,if acceptable, is closer.
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

Here's another,this one's even closer.

http://shootersofmaumee.com/
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.