Training Locator

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

stretchec

Training Locator

Post by stretchec »

I find myself getting more and more into wanting to take new training classes with more instructors. Seems like I always wind up finding out about them too late. Either after a class is full or already passed. Plus constantly googling to find classes other than for schools/instructors I know is tedious.

With that said, is anyone aware of a site that aggregates training classes? I'd love to be able to search my zip and find all upcoming classes within a certain radius.

Lastly, lets say that doesn't exist. Being a web developer myself, do you guys feel that would be useful? It'd probably have to somewhat rely on instructors and individuals updating it with new classes, so without the support of the community it'd probably never go anywhere.

TIA for any input or site referrals!
jeep45238

Re: Training Locator

Post by jeep45238 »

It would be very useful.

I don't know of any site that does that - i go to pistolforum.com, lightfighter, m4carbine for a good idea of what's out there. Some of the big names do private classes as well if you contact them directly. I know Greg Ellifritz does classes on his own and for TDI, Robert Vogel does classes, as does Steve Fisher. Mad Duck Training is another good source.

Really, it depends on what you're after - tactical disneyland, shooting skills, medical, mindset/psychology of aggressors, etc..
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

I'd love to see some consolidation. :)
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

If the trainers care to send in their class info, they are posted to the OFCC training calendar, and listed by county, and type of class. But that only happens if they send in their class info.

https://ohioccw.org/index.php?option=co ... Itemid=470
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
blf_pdsoh

Post by blf_pdsoh »

I will be sending class information to OFCC for the calendar. If you are are looking for advanced courses I am teaching 7 this year. 1 per month starting in April. Contact me for information at the website in my signature.
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

blf_pdsoh wrote:I will be sending class information to OFCC for the calendar. If you are are looking for advanced courses I am teaching 7 this year. 1 per month starting in April. Contact me for information at the website in my signature.
I assume the two emails, with class submissions, I received today were for your classes. I will have them listed tomorrow. Just got off work, and plan to relax this evening. :wink:
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852