Defensive Handgun Class

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

EliteTac

Defensive Handgun Class

Post by EliteTac »

Elite Tactical Firearms & Training located in Girard Ohio will be having a Defensive Handgun 1 class April 14 & 15.

This course is designed for the beginner or novice shooter. During this class instructors will go over proper gear selection, placement and how to properly draw a handgun quickly and safely. After this class student will have a sound understanding of proper grip, stance, sight alignment, sight picture and how to properly manipulate the trigger of their weapon. Instructors will also show how to properly complete both tactical reloads and emergency reloads and how to clear the four main types of stoppages. Students will also learn how to engage multiple targets from various distances.

GEAR NEEDED FOR CLASS-
-A properly working handgun
-3 Magazines
-A OWB Holster and Magazine Pouch
-Proper clothing for climate and exercises
-Ear and Eye Protection(must wrap around)
-600 rounds of ammunition

The Cost of this course is $175.00
If you have any question or to register please call (330)259-5111 or email info@elite-tac.com
Brian D.

Re: Defensive Handgun Class

Post by Brian D. »

Welcome. Please feel free to introduce yourself elsewhere on the board, in the new members introduction section.

I hope you will participate in the other sections as well. Much can be learned here.

Now, about your class: A small point perhaps, but I would suggest you stipulate bringing three magazines as a MINIMUM requirement. Not a darn thing wrong with bringing a dozen, plus an Uplula mag loader.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
concreteguy

Post by concreteguy »

I wonder if you guys also realize that most of us carry concealed and may not own an OWB?
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

And, I believe that personal information such as phone numbers and emails are restricted on the open forum.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

concreteguy wrote:I wonder if you guys also realize that most of us carry concealed and may not own an OWB?
Many/most open-enrollment beginner-level "defensive/tactical" handgun classes stipulate OWB for safety.

IWB adds - no pun intended - another layer of potential safety issues to a class that already really ratchets-up the potential for an unintentional discharge. I actually really like the curriculum of some schools which stipulate a mandatory short class that teaches the shooter how to properly holster (and holster selection), in a dry-fire context. :)

It's not that I don't get - or agree with - what you're saying, concreteguy. I do get it, and I actually very much am in agreement with it: training should mirror our "everyday."

However, there are typically many safety stipulations that these classes, in being open-enrollment and in using a "flat-range firing line" format, must contend with. Similarly, the varied skill-levels of shooters at these beginner/novice-level classes, where students who enroll are not vetted or otherwise pre-checked for skill/safety/proficiency, often makes these rather limited holster options a better rather than worse idea.

If you look at even some of the higher-end concealed-carry specific classes, you'll still find stipulations that prohibit or limit the use of certain types of holsters (shoulder holsters, cross-draw, AIWB all come to mind immediately, but it's far from a comprehensive list) due to such concerns.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio