Range for classes

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

grandpa45
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Range for classes

Post by grandpa45 »

I'm thinking about getting instructor certified but I'm kind of stuck on where to hold the range portion of the class. Pretty sure I can find a suitable location for the classroom part. I'm in Richwood and would like to teach classes around this area. Anybody know of a range in the Marysville, Marion, Delaware area where I can take a small group of students? I haven't called Blackwing yet but guessing they will frown on outside instructors if they allow it at all.

Thanks!
Class Management / Registration System - Designed specifically for firearm instructors
https://classloaderpro.com
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Range for classes

Post by Gramps »

Richwood Gun And Game Club may if they are still open. Not real close to Richwood but to any towns mentioned but about the same distance from them all.
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
grandpa45
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by grandpa45 »

Thanks for the reply Gramps. I have an email out to the folks at Richwood Gun and Game. According to the web site they have their own instructors and offer their own classes so wasn't sure if it's something they would allow. Location wise I think it would be fine.... might be able to do the classroom part here in Richwood as well. A range to use is one (important one) of the many things on my list to figure out before I spend money on instructor training.
Class Management / Registration System - Designed specifically for firearm instructors
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

The http://www.lcfishandgame.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; may work for you.
I had my range time in pretty much a back field behind a small lodge.
Wife had her range time at a big pile of dirt at our airport.
Hope it works out for you!
Gramps

* TRUMP 2020 *
grandpa45
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by grandpa45 »

Thanks again Gramps, I'll check it out. I'm also talking with someone from Richwood Gun and Game, so maybe that one will work out, we'll see.

I wish I had a big pile of dirt I could shoot into without upsetting the neighbors. We have 2 acres, and there's 140 or so acres of open farm land behind us, so I'm sure I could come up with a safe solution to shoot in the backyard. But the noise would probably be a problem for the neighbors 300-400 feet on either side of us.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Talk to them, maybe if you let them know when you'll be shooting they'll be OK. But if not, as long as you are not in the city limits there's not much they can do except complain.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

JustaShooter wrote:Talk to them, maybe if you let them know when you'll be shooting they'll be OK. But if not, as long as you are not in the city limits there's not much they can do except complain.
I can't offer a shelter for the classes but I can offer a 20' high pile of 6000 year old dirt to shoot into and my neighbors all shoot too! Well all but the new ones...
Gramps

* TRUMP 2020 *
grandpa45
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by grandpa45 »

JustaShooter wrote:Talk to them, maybe if you let them know when you'll be shooting they'll be OK. But if not, as long as you are not in the city limits there's not much they can do except complain.
I may talk to them and see what they say. At least the ones on either side. I'm only talking a couple of hours one or two Saturdays a month, not like it will be all day long. I just don't want to be "that guy" that upsets all the neighbors. Pretty sure one of them wouldn't mind at all, not sure about the other guy though.