To the range

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

To the range

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Hate to admit that I have'nt been shooting since I don't know when.

My Keltec PMR-30 is going with me for the first time...I got about 20 rounds in the mags...could not do the 30.

My EDC G19 will also be used today...maybe 105 rounds...
Need new glasses.....new eyes..new hands...new ears....about the only thing I don't need is new finger nails.
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: To the range

Post by carmen fovozzo »

The PMR-30 is awesome and fun to shoot....though costly..

I have a LaserMax guide rod on my 19 and when I turn that on I really see how unsteady I'm getting....sights are also blurry....

Maybe I should take up Bat Mitten....

THanks for all the repleys
.. :roll:
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

THanks for awl the the misssppelllings. :mrgreen:
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

carmen fovozzo wrote:The PMR-30 is awesome and fun to shoot....though costly..
It's come down to about 19 to 18 cents per round, bulk, online (before shipping) - that's actually not too bad, considering that at their height, they were going for as much as 35 cents per, pre-ship...and availability was horrible at that time, too.

I'm not sure what prices are like, locally, though.
I have a LaserMax guide rod on my 19 and when I turn that on I really see how unsteady I'm getting
Those lasers do that to all of us. Don't worry, accept the wobble and press, I bet you're right-on. :) I've never seen the late Pat Rogers shoot in real-life, but I've seen him demo in videos, and with how much that laser jumped all over the place, I'd swear that he'd have been off the paper - but that man was a good (to say the least) shot with a pistol, and those shots printed right in the bullseye.
....sights are also blurry....
Pat McNamara was adamant about not being able to see his handgun's sights anymore, without corrective lenses. He's definitely "right there" as a handgunner, too.

Use the Force! 8)
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

I thought Stonewall only allowed one round at a time for rifles?
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dl1911 »

pirateguy191 wrote:I thought Stonewall only allowed one round at a time for rifles?
PMR-30 is a handgun. Also, Stonewall's rule on one round at a time is for high powered rifles. Bring a .22LR or a pistol caliber carbine (like an AR in 9mm or TNW's ASR in 10mm) and you can fully load the magazine and also have the target at any distance. Usually bring the 20rd ones with me for the AR9 when I go to Stonewall. Their BASS match has also been allowing PCC this year (https://youtu.be/AC2ewZFTDlE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).
Dale
1911 & IDPA Fan(atic), SIG Fan, and fan of less common calibers
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

carmen fovozzo wrote:The PMR-30 is awesome and fun to shoot....though costly..

I have a LaserMax guide rod on my 19 and when I turn that on I really see how unsteady I'm getting....sights are also blurry....

Maybe I should take up Bat Mitten....

THanks for all the repleys
.. :roll:
Your welcome. :mrgreen:

As far as a laser, the last time I used one, I found that I was rock solid firing from the hip, instead of extending my arm out, as if using the iron sights. It was weird getting more accurate shot placement from that position than regular two handed. I even did a El Presidente drill only from the hip, rotating by body position only, like the turret of a tank. Had great results too. This was however near dusk, and not a practical real life exercise, just something interesting to try out once.