Mr. Glock goes the distance- 1,000 Yards

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Spidey

Re: Mr. Glock goes the distance- 1,000 Yards

Post by Spidey »

Mr. Glock wrote:One practice note, from Shooterwolf, is to get a 22 LR bolt action, mount a scope with tactical dials (i.e. you can turn the turrets like you do long range) and a bipod, and then shoot out 100 to 200 yards. Basically, you just scaled everything down (except stock fit) for short range practice that mimics long range shooting with a centerfire. You don't get the recoil impulse, of course, but 200 yards is stretching out the 22 LR.
Great tip! I want to start long range shooting and this will be a cheap way to start practicing the fundamentals beforehand.
Thanks Mr. glock & Shooterwolf! :lol:
If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.

I refuse to be a victim.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Good job Mr. Glock. Looking at that photo of the 1000 yd. range made me wonder how the RSO ensures that no persons have strayed into the woods down range.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

glocksmith wrote:Good job Mr. Glock. Looking at that photo of the 1000 yd. range made me wonder how the RSO ensures that no persons have strayed into the woods down range.
Signage!!!

:P :lol:
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Must take a heck of a lot of signage. That club looks like it has some serious acreage - a lot of it forested - never know when some punks might stray onto the property.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
shooterwolf

Post by shooterwolf »

glocksmith wrote:Must take a heck of a lot of signage. That club looks like it has some serious acreage - a lot of it forested - never know when some punks might stray onto the property.
Posted as a live fire range and private property.

One could never make a outdoor range 100% idiot proof.

S.W.
shooterwolf

Post by shooterwolf »

glocksmith wrote:Must take a heck of a lot of signage. That club looks like it has some serious acreage - a lot of it forested - never know when some punks might stray onto the property.
Sell your guns and take up stamp collecting.

S.W.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

shooterwolf wrote:
Sell your guns and take up stamp collecting.

S.W.
Care to explain that last comment. You've lost me, I'm afraid.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
shooterwolf

Post by shooterwolf »

Some punks might gain access to your guns and hurt someone.
It would be best if you sell all yours so that the world will be a safer place.

S.W.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Well...since unnecessary rudeness seems to be the mode here...and you started it...
shooterwolf wrote:One could never make a outdoor range 100% idiot proof. S.W.
Yes indeed...and a truly impossible task when YOU are present on the range :lol:
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Not to worry, when any interlopers hear that first angry 'crack' near their heads they'll dive down low on the deck. :mrgreen:
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

My club has only a 600 yard range. But not just anyone can use it. You have to take a class of sorts and you have to qualify by keeping all shots in the black on the 200 yd. first, before your'e allowed to participate on the 600 yd. They shut down the access road and any pedestrian trails, plus I think they fly red flags when the range is in use. So I was merely commenting on how Mr. Glocks 1000 yd range seemed pretty laid back in terms of RSO monitoring.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

glocksmith wrote:My club has only a 600 yard range. But not just anyone can use it. You have to take a class of sorts and you have to qualify by keeping all shots in the black on the 200 yd. first, before your'e allowed to participate on the 600 yd. They shut down the access road and any pedestrian trails, plus I think they fly red flags when the range is in use. So I was merely commenting on how Mr. Glocks 1000 yd range seemed pretty laid back in terms of RSO monitoring.
I've been to both the range you belong to, (Miami Rifle & Pistol, yes?) and Rayner's where Mr. Glock shot at 1000 yards. The latter is WAY more out in the middle of nowhere than MR&P.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
shooterwolf

Post by shooterwolf »

One cannot control illegal access to a clubs range, no matter what preventive steps you take.

Look at Camp Perry, even .gov has trouble up there during their matches.

S.W.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

A couple other ranges where you can stretch out your shots in Ohio, a bit closer us NEO shooters.

Alliance Rifle club in Malvern Ohio has a 1,000 Yd range . - http://www.alliancerifleclub.us/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Southington Hunt Club, in Garrettsville OH (Near Nelsons Ledges) has opened up their 750 Yard range on the third Saturday of each month from 12:00 till 5:00 PM. There is a $30.00 Range fee. http://southingtonhuntclub.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson