Do you wear gloves?

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Whirlwind06
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Do you wear gloves?

Post by Whirlwind06 »

I just took the combat handgun class with Apex in Rittman. I was wearing lightweight hunting gloves they were okay. The instructor uses cold weather golf gloves, which seemed to work pretty well.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

^ The cancelled (weather) low-light class tomorrow night was what I'd been preparing for. :)
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
Whirlwind06
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Whirlwind06 »

TSiWRX wrote:^ The cancelled (weather) low-light class tomorrow night was what I'd been preparing for. :)
Not surprised that it was cancelled.
EChryst

Post by EChryst »

I wear SKDTAC Pig Gloves or UnderArmour Cold Gear Gloves for working conditions and a pair of North Face E-tip glove when a bit more dressed up.

With glove and fabric technologies there is almost no reason that you can't find a pair of gloves that act as a second skin - which really minimize losing tactical tactility. Try saying that one fast.

If it gets colder, use Air Force gloves and stick your hands in your pockets. Or keep a pair of shells handy.
-Erik
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

^ Oooooh, those UAs look nice.... 8)

And I totally agree about today's wonder textiles.

I never realized just how uncomfortable my everyday shirts are until I tried a "technical" shirt one summer. That was enough to get me to invest the next season. I don't know why I didn't realize it sooner :roll: sheer stupidity on my part, as I'd already had some winter base-layers at that point that showed me just how amazing these textiles can be.

-----

Whirlwind06 wrote: Not surprised that it was cancelled.
I'm disappointed, but yes, I agree, it's totally understandable.

I was actually texting LegoGlock about a week ago when the extended forecasts first came out. :lol:
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
BadCrosshairDay

Post by BadCrosshairDay »

I wear 40g thinsulate gloves with some synthetic leather whenever possible. This works completely fine with glocks for me, but the glove gets pinched in the trigger of sw revolvers (I think I remember this preventing the trigger from resetting once). So during the winter, whenever possible, I carry a glock and wear only those gloves. When those gloves aren't enough, I do what someone already mentioned - add removing the dominant hand glove to the sequence.